Anything new for ice scratchers??

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The short tunnels and deep lugs certainly don't help with cooling. Some guys have been having success with that Lynx snow guard.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost a cable scratcher today. Apparently they fall off sometimes too. Lol

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost a cable scratcher today. Apparently they fall off sometimes too. Lol
Oh ya - I've heard of guys putting a tack weld on the tip where it threads on and near the rail also - they usually spin out - the ice storm ski scratchers help alot I find - but they really hate their lives in reverse

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The perfect ice scratcher would:

Not break, be light, shoot snow in the front of the rails to lube the hyfax, not hang down to drag when not in use. and scratch up hard icy snow,
At the same time get that snow to the heat exchanger. A big list and likey kept some up late at night trying to build a better product.

So really there are 2 problems. First lubing the hyfax, so they don't melt, and secondly getting snow to the exchanger.

I am not sure that all sleds suffer the same way. Forward heat exchangers, rear exchangers, more wheels or less wheels.

I have often been lost in thought with how this all can be done a better way.
A button to deploy them,and to tuck them away!

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the Nextech titanium ones? Talked to a couple guys that line them but the price is crazy. Wonder if there is warranty at that price?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a cable set on a sled that worked good. Tried another set of a different brand and they sucked. They would just Bounce off the ground and then up onto the track or smash up the rails.

Use the doo double coils now. They are decent but could be longer for a 3 inch.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just followed a Doo down the trail this weekend. Absolutely zero spray from them on a relatively hard pack trail.

Top Bottom