need help with buying a sled

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
you guys are awesome going to martins now ill have my desision soon. t-team did contact me but like most dealers theres a lot of talk and "what i can doo for you" but no numbers and right now (just before my signature goes on paper) numbers are the most important

Better make it snappy... I only work from 5:00pm to 5:15pm during the week!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys are awesome going to martins now ill have my desision soon. t-team did contact me but like most dealers theres a lot of talk and "what i can doo for you" but no numbers and right now (just before my signature goes on paper) numbers are the most important

were you at mm in valemount? i recognize your sled in the avatar

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i was at valmont with that sled and got to meet you and a lot of new people was at fernie also. we hope to go again with everyone this year as well.

i went to martins on the west side, sry tyler did not get your post till now the numbers vaughn gave me was 10969 out the door for a 2013 800 summit sport. and 9975 out the door price for a 2012 800 summit sport both came with 4 % intrest for 3 years on fianancing

i went over to sigin the papers for the cat but they were closed by the time i got there so it gives you guys a chance to change my mind lol(good luck)

ferniesnow that sled you mentioned mind giving me more info and are you able to offer financing?(sorry not sure if your a dealer or selling privatly)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Pretty sure Doug is a dealer.... but sleds aren't his forte....

It is BC after all, there is one industry with bigger proffit margins than alberta sledders.....

yes i was at valmont with that sled and got to meet you and a lot of new people was at fernie also. we hope to go again with everyone this year as well.

i went to martins on the west side, sry tyler did not get your post till now the numbers vaughn gave me was 10969 out the door for a 2013 800 summit sport. and 9975 out the door price for a 2012 800 summit sport both came with 4 % intrest for 3 years on fianancing

i went over to sigin the papers for the cat but they were closed by the time i got there so it gives you guys a chance to change my mind lol(good luck)

ferniesnow that sled you mentioned mind giving me more info and are you able to offer financing?(sorry not sure if your a dealer or selling privatly)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

2200 kms, 2+ years warranty, pretty much stock other than the JCCustom venting top and bottom, both sides.

I can offer financing; $10,000 down and $250 the next day and it is yours!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2200 kms, 2+ years warranty, pretty much stock other than the JCCustom venting top and bottom, both sides.

I can offer financing; $10,000 down and $250 the next day and it is yours!

Mallard, if you truly do want that sled I think I can figure out a way for you to get financing.. I'll talk to T team and see if it can happen. Even though it would be a doo.... lol

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i went and looked at the 2011 m8 today and am fairly impressed its 9500 for the sled 530 for taxes 400 for the finance fee and 200 for a tunnel polish total of $10630. $270 a month for 36 months with 630 down(finance fee and polish) the sled is white / orange is efi has reverse and comes with a 6 month full warrany. the warranty starts the day i take possession of the sled not when i buy it. i can take the sled right away or they will keep it in storage till no later then oct31(there fore the warrentee is good till april i'll be done sleding by then anyway). i still plan to go look at the skidoo but honestly i think it will be just a formality as im pretty sure im gonna go with the m8. i really don't think i want to pay 10000 (11,500 with all the taxes / fees) for a base model sled with the bigger engine plus skidoo's rebates right now is useless as i wouldn't want 6 months no payments

Just put a deposit on a 2013 summit 800 today for a buddy...154"Ptec for $9680 + 484GST for a total of $10164 OTD. Not sure what kind of financing they have as he is paying cash but thats a pretty good deal for a new sled with 2 yrs warranty.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Mallard, if you truly do want that sled I think I can figure out a way for you to get financing.. I'll talk to T team and see if it can happen. Even though it would be a doo.... lol

MOMMA, you'd have to talk to FernieSnow, not T-Team :p

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the 0% financing on the m8 really has me excited about it i went to the skidoo dealer today to be fair to the doo-laid junkys and i was ready to sign papers for the 2012 summit(because there is absolutly no difference between the 2012 and the 2013) till he told me 4% for 3 years and 5% for 5years and thats only if i quailfied for the premium level financing

the cool thing about the 0% financing at ASE is its a line of credit so in 3 years when my sled is paid off i can go back to ase and buy another "new old stock" for michelle with the same line of credit.

one more question should i get full colision insurance?? full insurance for this sled is 1400 per year 1150 of that is colision alown

that shinny thing is gonna be my tunnel after its pollished:d

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 0% financing on the m8 really has me excited about it i went to the skidoo dealer today to be fair to the doo-laid junkys and i was ready to sign papers for the 2012 summit(because there is absolutly no difference between the 2012 and the 2013) till he told me 4% for 3 years and 5% for 5years and thats only if i quailfied for the premium level financing

the cool thing about the 0% financing at ASE is its a line of credit so in 3 years when my sled is paid off i can go back to ase and buy another "new old stock" for michelle with the same line of credit.

one more question should i get full colision insurance?? full insurance for this sled is 1400 per year 1150 of that is colision alown

Full insurance on a stock mountain sled should be no more than 500 bucks a year and that's high

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Sooo... Everyone's all good on the M8? Super! :D

yup that truly does seem high for insurance. Ours was almost 500.00 and that was for the year.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K a little off topic..You doo guys..
You should be the doo dudes.

Video Segment.. Dooin it with the Doo Dudes.
You can have little guys in it. little Doodlings
and your women riding.. Doodettes.

I was up early.. lots of coffee...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a new insurance company, I pay 620 a year full coverage on my 11 m8 with heli coverage as well ( I pay for heli and they re imburse me)

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K a little off topic..You doo guys..
You should be the doo dudes.

Video Segment.. Dooin it with the Doo Dudes.
You can have little guys in it. little Doodlings
and your women riding.. Doodettes.

I was up early.. lots of coffee...

Does that make you a poopette? Cause that's funny.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im with wawanesa insurance, I called them and said I needed insurance coverage for my mountain sled and they told me to come in as they had a few options for me and they wanted to explain them in full. They had collision and liability option, a collision, fire, theft and liability option and then a newer option for guys that ride the mountains that for a little extra cash you could add a sled rescue option to the full coverage. In the event of a wreck or a major breakdown way out in the backcountry they would re-imburse me for a heli lift up to $ ?, can't remember the max on it, do believe it was around the $1200 mark but not 100% sure on that

I've never heard of that where do I get it lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom