Need some opinions on building new sled

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys everyone probally knows that reads this I love doing mods to my sleds.
I am looking at building a new turbo sled sled for the new season and looking for some feed back from guys that have or had experiences with the following sleds.
I am looking at building either a 09 Ski doo 800r summit or an 09 M8. I have had a m1000 and loved the way it handled, but I hear lots of rave about the doo's. I am not big into climbing but love that power for in and around the trees and for the deep powder.
Guys I appreciate all the info that you give me but I dont want this to become a bashing thread about different brands and once again appreciate all the info in advance. Please also tell me who built the sled and if you have had any problems with your sled.

Thanks
Darren

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
162 wizzy has an RT chassis in mint condition with a bunch of lightweight chit that'd hold a turboed engine nicely. The doo motor blew up and he got a great deal on a turbo Nytro. Can't bring himself to part it out.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i had the coin my fantasy sled would be a m8 with a simple boondocker pumpgas turbo/vamburg tunnel and EVERY light weight component i i could find also i would try and build it under 400 pounds may i be daring and say 380 dry weight

oh yea it would need a styling paint job with some sort of fancy airbrushing

hows that .....are my tastes simple ?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are you doing with your sled???? how many miles,,, its very nice wanna trade for my M8T????????

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I have figured out what I am gonna do. I will keep everyone posted once everything is done and the sled is built. Pictures will come in the near future.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep this one for a while. Get a sled and drive it for a while and get to know how it works. Darren you change sleds way to often JMHO. Good luck see you out there this winter for sure

Top Bottom