need help with buying a sled

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got my 2011 Summit SP for sale. 154 P-Tek, gas shocks, x gauges, skid plate, fuel caddy and cover included. Two years of warranty left. Only 150km on it, hasn't even burned a full tank of oil yet. As far a used sleds go it doesn't get any better. Pm me if you're interested.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that's funny.. and brutaly honest. Maxwell's right... they do vibrate more than others.. never quite thought about it.

Ohhh I want everyone who knows my sense of humour to take not on how WELL behaved I am right now. Vibrate... has been used twice in a post and I have NOT made any sort of a comment about potential marketing strategies Cat could incorporate with this exclusive added feature....

Meyer907

Reaction score
Oregon trail sports gave me a awesome quote on a 11 hcr. I just have no dealer support for cat within 700 miles other wise I would have bought it.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that I work for a Cat and Polaris Dealer, I ride a Pro, had M8s.. but I honestly have nothing against a Doo... Total respect for their new chassis and all they are doing to contribute to the sport.
I do however, feel a certain annoyance, repulsion developing when a thread is started, be it in the Polaris section, the Cat section or in the open forum pertaining to a brand other than Doo, and the Doo Crew has to jump in and make you feel like crap or an idiot because you are not drinking the Blu Doolaide.. please let people enjoy what they want, and stop ramming Doo down the throats of people who simply are enjoying another brand. We all need to be strong in the industry for it to thrive. Interdependence and respect will make all the brands strong, and build our sport. What happens to one, will eventually happen to another.

Said with Love not Beyotchyness... :)

Some day you will come to your senses, buy a doo, and realize that Maxwell has been right this whole time Trish....................

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some day you will come to your senses, buy a doo, and realize that Maxwell has been right this whole time Trish....................

Don't you ride with her can't you sit her down on one? Lol

And believe it or not I don't hate anyone for what they ride. Even my regular group is a 5050 split.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aside from brand...how often do you sell or trade your machine? If you do somewhat often, consider the year you would buy. The Cats are nice machines, but you're at a tech. split right now. New Cat's are on a new chassis as are the Doos and the Polaris' are relatively new. To the buyer of a used machine, it won't matter that the machien is new. It isn't current and to the used buyer, it will look 2 years older than what it is. In 2014 if you go to sell, even though you've only ridden the machine two years, the buyer looks at it as a 4 model year old machine now. I think the Cat is a good deal, and the M's are pretty good machines but consider what it would be worth to sell if you trade or look at something different every few years.

Compared to the Doo you might spend a hair more, but you have a machine that is 2 model years newer and will probably hold resale a bit better over the same period of time because of it.

Either way, go out, come back, and have fun. Either machine will do that.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aside from brand...how often do you sell or trade your machine? If you do somewhat often, consider the year you would buy. The Cats are nice machines, but you're at a tech. split right now. New Cat's are on a new chassis as are the Doos and the Polaris' are relatively new. To the buyer of a used machine, it won't matter that the machien is new. It isn't current and to the used buyer, it will look 2 years older than what it is. In 2014 if you go to sell, even though you've only ridden the machine two years, the buyer looks at it as a 4 model year old machine now. I think the Cat is a good deal, and the M's are pretty good machines but consider what it would be worth to sell if you trade or look at something different every few years.

Compared to the Doo you might spend a hair more, but you have a machine that is 2 model years newer and will probably hold resale a bit better over the same period of time because of it.

Either way, go out, come back, and have fun. Either machine will do that.

Exactly. Also what warranty does the new cat come with? I assume since its a new unit that its a 1 year full?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And believe it or not I don't hate anyone for what they ride. Even my regular group is a 5050 split.

Exactly. Also what warranty does the new cat come with? I assume since its a new unit that its a 1 year full?

Haa haa!! Dean... you know your treasured book of guitar music you left at the house..... I'm now officially holding it hostage.... Muh Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dean does let me ride his sled! It's set up freakin awesome. Total respect for his sled. In the end, get the best deal you possibly can. Ride what feels best. Dealer support counts for A lot. I know in this particular area, the Dealer Support is Top notch, whether it's BRP, Cat, Poo or Yammy. Just comes down to preference.

Maxwell.... Bret loves ME more..... just sayin........:beer::beer::beer: Come visit us this winter!!!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohhh I want everyone who knows my sense of humour to take not on how WELL behaved I am right now. Vibrate... has been used twice in a post and I have NOT made any sort of a comment about potential marketing strategies Cat could incorporate with this exclusive added feature....

:yikes: :tape2::censored:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there both brand new 0 mile units and both come from different venders on this site. and both are 162 inch tracks
im looking at a 2007 m1000 with reverse efi for around 8,000
the other is a 2011 m8 snow pro not sure if it has reverse forgot to ask for around 10,000
im 6 foot tall and weigh aprox 250lbs. i ride a decent mix of mountains and edmonton ditch banging just trying to decided which is the better sled and if its worth it to spend the extra cash
please let me know what you think and why...if there was a skidoo for this price i'd buy it so please no brand bashin

The original post asked about a choice between 2 cats, what did you expect?

Very last sentence...... Just saying.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Haha...yeah I have been trying to lure her over to the good guys team for a while now. My sled probably isnt set up the best in the handling department for smaller people though. Shocks are pretty stiff, tall risers, and limiter is sucked up to keep the front end down so its not the "easiest" to ride.

All jokes aside though there are a lot of great sleds out there right now. The pros do work really well. I just dont like them.

As far as the original poster's question......I would say the new skidoo sp all day long. Not a brand loyalty thing. Just better technology. Pay a little more and get a lot more. If the M8 chassis is ok for you though........no question, go with the M8 over the M1000.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono: people that like doo don't have an opinion here. We're too self centered.

Omgoodness UD. I'm sorry. I am sorry for coming off in the complete wrong way. Balance is awesome. I think you understand what my point was. I'll not bring it up again. You guys are passionate about your sleds. Cool.

When I joined this site years ago I had a situation with an old sled. It was my son's birthday party, he wanted a sledding party but my old powder special bit the crapper. Awesome people from this site walked me through the things to do, and by about 2:00pm with the help of this community, I had the sled going. I picked up all the birthday kids, and gave my son the party he wanted.
Point being. This community of sledders doesn't have to be divided because of brands. If we all work together we are stronger. Not saying that your points about doos are not valid. Not in any way shape or form. I just ask for balance, and an awareness of what is being presented. I would love it if other women felt comfortable to post up their trouble shooting problems, without fear of being ridiculed for having purchased "the wrong sled".
Dean and I banter back and forth. My brother Kurt worked for Bombardier for a long time and we went back and forth while I rode Cat. This can get a little more out of hand here than simple chiding, again NOT you in specific. Just generally speaking.

I will say no more, and when that kind of poo starts flinging, I'll avoid it like the rest of the people are starting to do.

Trish :)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you know I joke around a lot, momma.

Like all others on here, I ride with people that have all makes. And we always bug each other about sleds we ride. It's all part of the fun.

I still recommend a 2013 doo for less than $10,000.
:D

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you know I joke around a lot, momma.

Like all others on here, I ride with people that have all makes. And we always bug each other about sleds we ride. It's all part of the fun.

I still recommend a 2013 doo for less than $10,000.
:D

Baaa ha haa!!!! :D Huggin you with my mind!

Top Bottom