Need Help With a Summit 1000 Highmark sdi !!!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok just got back with new gas new relays new spark plugs ok what should I do now
Load the sled in your truck,, take it to a Mechanic and drink some beer. That would be the best option. Or u could just try out the new gas N sh#t....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothen worked so idk man this sled is an ass that's all I got to say
Dude you have one of the following: Bad injectors. Incorrect timing. or no compression. (Just cause its hard to pull over doesn't mean you have compression) You are not qualified to deal with any of this judging from this thread. Drink beer,, take it to a shop. Or "accidently" start the thing on fire and get a different sled...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad injectors probly. Stuck open get them cleaned/ serviced replaced and try. If that doesn't work I got one for sale. Always starts in first push of the button. :). I feel for you guys with the pull start only. Tried that once said f this chit and pushed the button

Mr summit

Reaction score
I found the problem it my rings on my piston I think there to small so my right pistons at 40 and my other one is at 35

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the problem it my rings on my piston I think there to small so my right pistons at 40 and my other one is at 35

That's why you where able to pull it over so many times! Didn't you check your ring end gap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not an sdi guy,but it won't matter what you do, it will never fire if the timing isn't right

Not much of a reader either are you lol
Low compression looks to be the culprit to me about 100 lbs low on each side

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not an sdi guy,but it won't matter what you do, it will never fire if the timing isn't right

He only did a top end so he didn't have to touch anything to do with timing so that part should be good.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I feel bad for you! Now you have to rip it all apart again. Maybe you will find that you rolled your o-rings on your head or something easier. Good luck. Another mistake that a lot of guys make is trying to start there sled with no primary clutch on. I did that and it really hard to start!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1000 is FAR from a POS...if you know what the hell your doing. The one that don't will get lost quickly with the system used on the 1000. Though far from complex, its not the norm that most are accustom too.
I ran one for 5 season's on nitrous pulling 200+hp and had very little issues with it, still have it in shop and still runs like a top.
Bought it new in 05, been up dated, modified and used well. Now it collects dust since 2010, might sell it.

Last edited:

Mr summit

Reaction score
Hi guys I got it started and now it's blinking the worming light on now and now it won't start

Top Bottom