Need Help With a Summit 1000 Highmark sdi !!!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's getting spark it's getting fuel, all the fuses are good
If its getting spark(at the proper time) Fuel(the proper amount) and compression, that's all it requires to fire... So its missing one of those things obviously.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check all your grounds and make sure they are clean. I know my buddy's 1000 was really finicky with that he always had to clean them or it wouldn't run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replace plugs I know mine is really picky on plugs. Are the plugs coming out wet? Check your oil pump setting could be flooding the plug in oil.

Mr summit

Reaction score
Alll the grounds are clean neilsleder wen I pull it's getting fuel look at the spark on plugs there good no oil is getting on the plugs magnet just fuel just can't find what's not starting it I tried for a week now

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
alll the grounds are clean neilsleder wen i pull it's getting fuel look at the spark on plugs there good no oil is getting on the plugs magnet just fuel just can't find what's not starting it i tried for a week now
and the compression is okay? Manual pull start, or is it electric start?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Both cylinders have good spark? May have to do a fuel pressure test...... How good is your battery? Can you do a voltage test on the battery? They require a very healthy battery to operate the fuel injection system, or they won't run

Mr summit

Reaction score
Yes they both got spark and every time I pull I can here the pump come on for 2 seconds then stopes I pull abut 4 more time then I take the plugs off and there is gas on them and battery reads 13.1 is that good and it's a new battery

Mr summit

Reaction score
Yes there is spark and every time I pull the cord the pump coms on for 2 seconds and the battery reads 13.1 is that good?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup.... All sounds kosher.... You push the little primer button on left handlebar before trying to start, right? And when the primer button is pushed, you should hear the fuel pump prime for couple of seconds, before trying to pull start...... WHAT YEAR IS YOUR 1000?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I got gas coming out of the y pipe and white smoke so is it flooding it self?

do you have the exhaust on? or are you trying to start it with a wide open exhaust? the lack of back pressure without an exhaust could be causing you grief.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when u press the rcr button it does its stat up proceedure?

Mr summit

Reaction score
I tried to pull it once and it was gas coming out and white smoke now I'm going to try it with the hole exhaust back on

Top Bottom