Need A Good Truck Battery - Recommendations?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, as the title says.. I am apparently in need of a battery for my Titan as its recently failed a charge test and I am beginning to lose some electronic accessory functions. I've asked around and I get a lot of different opinions and suggestions on batteries so I thought I'd see what some of you folks suggest.

I have been told AC Delco, but I'm not sure where to find them, I've been recommended by mechanics obviously to get something as close to manufacturer spec as possible and not sure what that would be, or where to go, I've been told to stay away from Crappy tire batteries but have been recommended by a few gear heads to go with the Opti from Walmart.

I'm not going to pay the dealership $250+ they wanted to charge me to replace and install the battery, so any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as to what brand and where to buy. Looking for obviously a very good quality battery and something with decent warranty as well. The truck has a lot of electronic options and accessories, and recently it completely died on me after leaving the door open and radio playing for 10 minutes.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Also have the heavier 870 cold cranking amp dual terminal on for $142.00.......

Your truck requires either the regular duty 630cca or the heavy duty 710cca battery....

We also charge $25.00 labour to replace your battery if you need?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good question, I just bought the truck in January, assuming the battery thats in there is the stock Nissan one originally put in the truck so not sure how their manufacturer warranty works at Nissan but I know the truck had no warranty remaining on powertrain or anything so not sure, but when I took it to Sherwood Nissan, where the truck originally came from, they of course said nothing about warranty and told me it was going to cost me $250.

I wasnt sure about original battery warranties... how long do they typically last? I purchased extended warranty on the truck, but I know that does not cover the old original battery that's in there dying lol.

I might have to come see you.. I honestly don't know a thing about batteries but do you have something bigger? I believe when I looked it up my truck was rated for something closer to 700cc? I'd have to double check that though.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh okay just read your second post. Cool.. I think the 710 is the one I need... how much total? And where are you and when can you replace?? lol. Oh, and can you also reset the computer?

sicamoose

Reaction score
Budget - Canadian tire (still very good IMO and good warranty)

Awesome - Odyssey

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Average battery life is anywhere from 4 to 7 years on average...... Doubt there would be any factory warranty left if the original warranty is already expired......

Yup, the heavier battery would be more than suffice to work your truck :)

approx $167.00 installed, + gst

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Average battery life is anywhere from 4 to 7 years on average...... Doubt there would be any factory warranty left if the original warranty is already expired......

Yup, the heavier battery would be more than suffice to work your truck :)

approx $167.00 installed, + gst

Cool. I tried emailing you not sure if you got it yet but how soon can you do it? Could you possible do it today sometime if I dropped by or do I need to make an appt? I'm heading out of town this afternoon and I'm just worried about it leaving me stranded lol

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canadian tire batteries are fine and i think most if not all batteries come with a 5 yr warranty.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the Optima, I'm very hard on batt and these last me a few years, where factory will only last me a year.

yes but over $200 + core charge + etc a battery i will stick with the cheaper ones with same type of warranty. diesels take 2 betteries so it adds up fast

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read lots of good stuff about Costco batteries, put 2 in my truck so far so good. $100 Each or so and good warranty.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Optima batteries are not dry cell. They are a spiral AGM battery. (absorbed glass mat)

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have good luck with batt from cosco and great warranty in the dodge and ford 3 yrs in ford and good to go.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a diehard battery from kal tire and its been really good nothing has went wrong with it yet

Top Bottom