Name the Baby Contest

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cooper is pulling ahead in the points race, the wife didn't hate it and squash it right away so that's a good sign. Keep the names coming, some are great...some are less than great:d, either way they are very entertaining and give us some ideas as to what direction we are heading in. Thanks again S&M'ers

Here I'll squash it for her lol...
We named him Cooper Jaymes as I'm a Jeep freak as well. CJ-19 months right now but when he turns 8 he'll get his first Scrambler!:d

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always like the name Ashley or Corey for a girl. I like Cole for a boy. :beer:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are expecting our first child in late May. We have a girls name picked out but can't come to an agreement on a boys name. In my family the first born son is always named Richard something so we need a name that goes with Richard. The boy will go by his middle name, the same as I have done.
After lots of "conversing" (I come up with a name and she says NO) she told me to start a name the baby contest...so here it is.

Submit your baby name for a boy. We have a few names shortlisted so if you submit a name that we don't have on our list and we pick that...then you win a bottle of your choice beverage.

Thanks, BUBS.
Liam...................good drinkin name.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take all three names (first middle and last) and yell it out as loud as you can... if it sounds good then that is the name

you are yelling because the boy is in trouble :d

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHAH That's what I've been doing, saying everything really fast and loud and over and over and over again.

Richadge

Reaction score
take all three names (first middle and last) and yell it out as loud as you can... if it sounds good then that is the name

you are yelling because the boy is in trouble :d

Ain't that the truth!! I had many middle names when I was young:
Don't, Quit That, Stop It, NO.
I heard them enough I thought those were my names!

Good luck with the naming, we never could come up with a good boys name; I sure hope my boy learns to fight!:doh::doh:
No, seriously, we only had girls, but it seemed so much easier than boys names.

The best way I've chosen names was to try and make fun of them, some are easy and some are tough. Pick the names that are hard to make fun of. Just think of that before naming them.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth!! I had many middle names when I was young:
Don't, Quit That, Stop It, NO.
I heard them enough I thought those were my names!

Good luck with the naming, we never could come up with a good boys name; I sure hope my boy learns to fight!:doh::doh:
No, seriously, we only had girls, but it seemed so much easier than boys names.

The best way I've chosen names was to try and make fun of them, some are easy and some are tough. Pick the names that are hard to make fun of. Just think of that before naming them.

Oh! look a guy with the middle name Hunter! LOLOLOL

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a 3D Ultrasound last week, kid was pretty uncooperative but got some decent pics. Still no name yet though.

Attachments

• UC BABY_47.JPG
    UC BABY_47.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 112
  • UC BABY_3.JPG
    UC BABY_3.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 106
  • UC BABY_10.JPG
    UC BABY_10.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 103

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sarah for a girl and Ryan for a boy......

Have some names in your back pocket.....I thought I was really clever and created a little program to splash the names across the screen with color and sound effects you could scroll through the first and second names to see what they looked like....well the wife had agreed to three possible and then when he was born she said something like leave me alone just pick what you want so I did.....

Congrats ......all the best to the both of you.....

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seven Days until the due date...getting a little anxious.
Stay tuned for pics
BUBS

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
One of my best friends is named THADIUS, goes by THAD, have always thought that was a cool name. My own first name is Darwin....another one you don't here everyday. Congrats, to you and the little lady

I'm with 'D on this one cause that's my name too :cool:

Congrats with the soon to be new addition to your family :beer:
Child birth is an amazing thing. You will have a whole new appreciation for your wife. I hope you are going to be by her side. Here's to a safe and happy delivery for baby and mom :beer:

I was there for all my girls (Jody 13, Joleen 17, and Jessyca 20) and moral support when my grand-daughter ( Gabriella Marie 2mths) was born :) Would have not missed it for the world. I feel it makes for a stronger bond between you and your child :twocents:

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Richard Douglas has a nice ring to it. The Douglas is sort of like "old royalty" but not that common anymore. Richard is definitely like royalty and the Douglas would work well in conjunction with it. IMHO.....you asked!

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boy name we came up with but were never able to use was Jackson. I love the name, and could always call him Jack!

All the best to you and your wife. We just had our first baby in October, she's nearly 7 months old already, it's been the best 7 months of my life.

Top Bottom