My quad keeps burning up its ecu

KawiBoone

Reaction score
I started with the stock ecu and then purchased a Procom ECU/EFI and after a short period each stopped working. All the sudden the efi will quit work. ANY SUGGESTIONS!

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start with throwing the procom in the garbage. How much was it 50, they are cheap prices of chit. Did you go on eBay and think you got a good deal? Sorry for sounding rude but you didn't really think it was any good did you?

looneyrod27

Reaction score
f..... the green things. The raptor wont be for sale, it works too good. Gotta do a little maintenance on her this week when i get all the hondas out of my garage, I guess i better work on mine quick other wise there will be more hondas taking up my space in my operating room lol.

looneyrod27

Reaction score
Best programmable module would be a Power Commander V. Will run circles around a Procom.
Power commander's are for fuel control, he is having issues with his ecu...aka spark controller. Boone buddy honestly I would think your best bet would be to go with a stocker for that quad unless you plan on upgrading a few more things on it. I would look into the power commander V for the fueling end of it though. Prolly set up the auto tune system with it that way your quad has a consistent tune without having to mess with it all the time or pack a laptop with you.

looneyrod27

Reaction score
yeah the efi is controlled through the ecu. Your fuel controller tells the injector how much to spray and how long to spray. the ecu sends signal to the fuel pump telling it to start pumping. The problem boone is having is the ecu not sending signal to the fuel pump. It keeps burning that circuit out of the ecu. Im thinking that he should go back to a stocker, like sully said procoms are not known to be any good and im thinking that the dynatek fuel control box may have burnt up the stock box.

Radagast

Reaction score
My ECU controls everything, including controlling the fuel mixture directly, guess not all quads are the same. XD

Anyways, I've heard only poor things about procoms, I'd stay away from them.

Top Bottom