My "indefinate" leave from sledding....

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok...I had to...in light of the whole TW scandle, I thought it was a funny was to start this thread!! haha!

but it is true.....I am taking a step back from sledding for a while

I have only been riding sleds for about 4 years (actually owning my own sled)
it has been a good haul, but priorities are taking over
I have a 2 yr old and baby 2 is due in Aug. this summer
i live 10+ hours from good riding and have only been west 2 times in 2 years
that just isnt enough riding to justify having a MTN sled & the costs involved

i have recently purchased a new to me Nytro that i am selling as well
after riding in SK a bit, it just bores me to tears.....it's deep pow or nothin! :d

I have chatted w a good number of you on here and made some great friends
i will still stop in from time to time and give you me "pearls of wisdom" !! hahah
and creep out in the Horsepower Hunies section!! hahaha!!!!! ;)

I am sure i am not the only one who has made this decision, once in their life
I do plan to retun one day, once my little ones get a little older and daddy can be away for a few days to ride
I am sure i could make it work somehow, but i am also trying to keep mamma bear home once # 2 is born
gotta put the head to the grindstone and figure out a way to double business

although, I do have a winter sports background in Snowboarding
i think its time to dust off the ol LIBtech board from 2000, Burton bidnings from 1997 and Burton Vikings also from 1997 - AND BE THE OLD GUY on the hill!
this was the last of FREE gear I earned in high school so it will have to do for now
maybe its time to call up some old sponsors?? hahha! :d
at least I will be sportin some sweet HMK Gambler gear

anyways, this took waaaay to long

thank you to all who have helped me answer tech questions and general dumb ass questions

take care S & M team and im sure you will see me around :beer:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok...I had to...in light of the whole TW scandle, I thought it was a funny was to start this thread!! haha!

but it is true.....I am taking a step back from sledding for a while

I have only been riding sleds for about 4 years (actually owning my own sled)
it has been a good haul, but priorities are taking over
I have a 2 yr old and baby 2 is due in Aug. this summer
i live 10+ hours from good riding and have only been west 2 times in 2 years
that just isnt enough riding to justify having a MTN sled & the costs involved

i have recently purchased a new to me Nytro that i am selling as well
after riding in SK a bit, it just bores me to tears.....it's deep pow or nothin! :d

I have chatted w a good number of you on here and made some great friends
i will still stop in from time to time and give you me "pearls of wisdom" !! hahah
and creep out in the Horsepower Hunies section!! hahaha!!!!! ;)

I am sure i am not the only one who has made this decision, once in their life
I do plan to retun one day, once my little ones get a little older and daddy can be away for a few days to ride
I am sure i could make it work somehow, but i am also trying to keep mamma bear home once # 2 is born
gotta put the head to the grindstone and figure out a way to double business

although, I do have a winter sports background in Snowboarding
i think its time to dust off the ol LIBtech board from 2000, Burton bidnings from 1997 and Burton Vikings also from 1997 - AND BE THE OLD GUY on the hill!
this was the last of FREE gear I earned in high school so it will have to do for now
maybe its time to call up some old sponsors?? hahha! :d
at least I will be sportin some sweet HMK Gambler gear

anyways, this took waaaay to long

thank you to all who have helped me answer tech questions and general dumb ass questions

take care S & M team and im sure you will see me around :beer:

Awwww... I had me a little tear there :-( Sad to see anyone give up sledding, although I get your reasons 100%. On behalf of the Horsepower Hunnies, let me just say that we will miss you creeping on our thread and hope that you will sneak back once in a while :beer: Good luck with the new career in snowboarding!!

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man, but the little ones are way more important, you can take up the sport again when they are older, like 10 yrs or so...lol. JK...anyway just don't lose ur balls....take care.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing last year for the same reason, sold both my sleds and filled the sled trailer with crap. Well the first flake hadn't even fell and I caved and bought an M8, I don't get out as much as I'd like but I do get out and then I try to make sure my wife has the opportunity to do her thing as well. Good luck in your endeavors.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear but it's for good reasons.....I am doing the same thing, just for different reasons. Moving out and buying my own place this fall, sledding won't be in the cards next year for money or time wise. I know it's going to be tough, but having my own place will make it worth it i'm sure!

Good luck and you can always return easy enough! I will be keeping my sledding gear as I hope to maybe rent a sled to get out to the mtns once next year :beer:

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once a sledder always a sledder I do more riding now then i ever did in the past now my son old enough ride hard and long his frist trip to the mountains
was this year now he hook on the hills I a created a monster

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best wishes to you and your family. Remember though, your kids will love to sled with you and your hubby once they get a bit older. It is one of those winter activities that you can all enjoy as a family. Let us know when #2 is born. TTYL...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
keep in touch, might not be worth keeping and maintaining a sled but that doesn't mean no trips at all....If you can get away for a weekend next year I'd be more than happy to loan ya the summit for a weekend once I upgrade, better than nothing at all..... besides, S&M is about much more than the sledding/quadding.....

cheers

Ian

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowboarding is still a wicked sport and tons of fun! I'm out for the season now because I messed up my ankle boarding, but I would go crazy not being able to board in the winter, although once I buy a sled i'm sure my board will collect dust..then I am sure there will be some point in life when the sled will collect dust and I will pull out the board again to probably injure myself again :d Best of luck!:beer:

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its too bad, BUT, your decision,
we raised our kids in Sleds and ATVs,
when I had a 83 Indy 600 with triple pipes, I had my son in a snuggly under my sled suit..my wife had the other one on her 80 Yamaha ET 250 in same place, our boys are 1 yr aprt, then would sit in frt of us, then at age 3 and 4 they had Kittys cats,then a Polaris colt 340. at age 10 a 81 SRX 440 and a 79 JD Spitfire that they both rode in the Whitecourt Poker rally.
Now they help me start my 800, im getting there help now, lifes making a circle.
dont give up sledding, just cut back a bit, sell that MTN sled and get a smaller 2 up sled or 2 for the family .

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
its too bad, BUT, your decision,
we raised our kids in Sleds and ATVs,
when I had a 83 Indy 600 with triple pipes, I had my son in a snuggly under my sled suit..my wife had the other one on her 80 Yamaha ET 250 in same place, our boys are 1 yr aprt, then would sit in frt of us, then at age 3 and 4 they had Kittys cats,then a Polaris colt 340. at age 10 a 81 SRX 440 and a 79 JD Spitfire that they both rode in the Whitecourt Poker rally.
Now they help me start my 800, im getting there help now, lifes making a circle.
dont give up sledding, just cut back a bit, sell that MTN sled and get a smaller 2 up sled or 2 for the family .

There's some good advice but make sure you meets the families needs on a financial basis before buying a 2 up. I'm sure there are lots of S&M sledheads that will drag you out as Bogger suggested and that was mighty kind of him to offer. Big congrats on the little ones and for putting family first. My kids are now 2 1/2 yrs and 5 1/2 years and are now being introduced to sledding. Next year will be more outings as a family and it's a great way to spend a weekend together. When the time is right, you can always get back into things as a unit. Again, congrats on the little one. They are precious, and man do they grow up fast.

Top Bottom