Mouse problem

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a couple of 5 gallon traps in the building by trailer and bait with peanut butter. Use anti freeze in the winter and water in the summer.
Build by filling pail half full of proper fluid. Put a wire across the top about one inch from top and install a bottled water bottle smeared with peanut butter with wire thru the centre. Place a wooden ramp up to edge of pail. Problem solved. Empty pail of drowned mice when required!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mountain man knows the trick. When I camp I put a large deep tin bowl full of water near the jacks. Always a few in there in the mornin.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Wife takes every little bit of food out every fall. Only thing in there was one box of Kleenex and some towels. Nothing really to appealing in my mind.

Food doesn't have to be in the trailer but in the shed or close too garden or grainery they wont find warmth, bedding or shelter in either...and mice love kleenex if you want to check if you have mice open the door leave one sheet of kleenex at the door if you have mice it will be gone

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bounce sheets do not work.(I have seen a nest made out of them). Irish spring bars do not work.(they eat the soap) Poison pellets or bars, old fashioned mousetraps (Peanut butter is a great bait), and/or a cat is your best bet! Once you have mice your in trailer they seem to follow the previous scent trail. Spray foam and under coat will help break up the trail. Steel wool is useful providing it does not get wet (rust) Those scented bags the rv dealers sell do not work either.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Bounce sheets do not work.(I have seen a nest made out of them). Irish spring bars do not work.(they eat the soap) Poison pellets or bars, old fashioned mousetraps (Peanut butter is a great bait), and/or a cat is your best bet! Once you have mice your in trailer they seem to follow the previous scent trail. Spray foam and under coat will help break up the trail. Steel wool is useful providing it does not get wet (rust) Those scented bags the rv dealers sell do not work either.

Wow that's a buzz kill...lol

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used the square "Green bait blocks" from Poulin's. The locks kill them and dry them from the inside out. So if they do get in a wall or behind something there will be no smell from them once there dead.

Contact Us Pest Control Winnipeg | Pest Control Vancouver | Pest Control Surrey

I use the same thing and they work awesome. The green blocks are behind the stove. Under shower. Under bed and anywhere else you need a screwdriver to get at them. That way pets are ok. I was super infested a few yrs ago and switched to these. I have found the odd poop in the spring but they were green which means todaloo mother fu<$er. Your going to die. As far as electric mouse buzzers. They don't help. I had 3 the yr I was infested

bigjeffh

Reaction score
I have been using fox urine ever since i bought my trailer. Its stored outside over the winter and have never had a mouse problem. I just spray the tires and jacks in the fall after its winterized. Be careful not to spray when its windy as this stuff stinks!!! I found out the hard way when I came home and the dog is growling at me. In the spring I just power wash the trailer and am good to go. I bought it in a 4 liter spray bottle when I was in Montana in 2005 and still have some left. A little goes a long way.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using fox urine ever since i bought my trailer. Its stored outside over the winter and have never had a mouse problem. I just spray the tires and jacks in the fall after its winterized. Be careful not to spray when its windy as this stuff stinks!!! I found out the hard way when I came home and the dog is growling at me. In the spring I just power wash the trailer and am good to go. I bought it in a 4 liter spray bottle when I was in Montana in 2005 and still have some left. A little goes a long way.

Thanks for clarifying that you bought it somewhere. I was really starting to wonder where you got it earlier in your thread. Lol. Makes sense though. Anywhere up here a guy can get a product like that?

bigjeffh

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that you bought it somewhere. I was really starting to wonder where you got it earlier in your thread. Lol. Makes sense though. Anywhere up here a guy can get a product like that?

I couldnt find it up here in bulk. What i did find was little bottles at wholesale sports but it was not enough. You can find it here at pee mart. but it comes in individual spray bottles. im sure it would work. One bottle should last 2 seasons for sure. I have a 4 liter spray bottle with a squeeze trigger thats attached to a hose. Kinda looks like a weedx spary bottle. If i find the name of the place, i'll let you know. I know it was under $25.00 USD at the time. I too was wondering how they get that amount of piss in a bottle. I'd be kinda leary of holding a bottle underneath them coaxing them to fill it!!Lol. Apparantly good jobs are hard to find.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always park on gravel and stuff all ways of getting in with SOS scrub pads and have yet to have a mouse problem. The guy parked next to me last year in the compound had mice in his camper but he had no SOS pads or mothballs or anything, he just winterized, took all the food out and parked it he said. My parents also have their 5th wheel in the same compound and they found mouse s*it and even seen a mouse in the trailer this past weekend. They did the same as me with their trailer but the bastards still got in and there was no food in their trailer at all. I must just be lucky or something.........?

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Lot's of good ideas here to try in the fall.

redeye

Reaction score
"Mouse Free" from Arrkaan.

Worked for us. Before this the only thing in this thread we had not tried was the fox piss.
$99.00 per jug and will do 25'-30' of under carriage (I did mine thicker than required) Very easy to apply with an air sprayer which is supplied or they do it for you in thier shop.
Non Toxic, easy to apply. repeat every 2 years or so. Looks like a watered down vaseline with a mint smell to it.
The dealer Guarenteed me that mice will not cross this stuff.
Highly reccommend it.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhhh hell spread some dirty kitty litter everywhere.. they'll get the hint

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I store my car in an un-insulated shed in the winter, I surround the tires with wire wool, plug the exhaust with wire wool, set 6 traps around the car and set up poison cubes in the conners of the shed. Cubes have been eaten, and I got to empty traps, but knock on wood, they've stayed out of the car.

My Wife stuffs bounce sheets into the trailer at any point they can enter, never had an issue there.

Top Bottom