Most Common Wildlife????

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What is the most common wildlife you all have seen while out riding? Either up in the hills or down here on the flats?

I think I've only ever seen a couple deer out on the trails.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen lots of deer, some moose, coyote's, elk and a wolf or two but only for a second or two.
In the mountains I've seen caribou.

Riding in the summer I have seen the odd bear but never in the winter.

One year sledding at hasler(near chetwynd b.c.) we were stopped eating are lunch on the trail over to the aluminum bowl and a silver fox came over to join use for lunch. The fox came right over and would eat right out of are hands!:specool:

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
That fox thing sounds like one of those moments where you wish you had the camera ready!

I've seen lots of deer, some moose, coyote's, elk and a wolf or two but only for a second or two.
In the mountains I've seen caribou.

Riding in the summer I have seen the odd bear but never in the winter.

One year sledding at hasler(near chetwynd b.c.) we were stopped eating are lunch on the trail over to the aluminum bowl and a silver fox came over to join use for lunch. The fox came right over and would eat right out of are hands!:specool:

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whisky Jacks

Not that they are that rare to see, but we had the Whisky Jacks eating out of our hands at the Boulder Cabin in Revy.

Only wish that would happen with the chicks in the bar at night!! Like Tyler says, we did have a camera, but didnt take any pics. :D (of either!)

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a pic

I took a pic of a pic so the quality is not great but you can still see the fox

Attachments

• IMG_0578resize.JPG
    IMG_0578resize.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:

freerider5

Reaction score
I have seen lots of deer and wild turkeys where i ride and thats about it.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ever Seen A Mountain Lion??

On One Of Our Guys Trips Last Year, One Of Our Guys Hit A Mountain Lion With His Newer Chevy Pickup On The Transcanada Hiway On Their Way To Revy.... What Are The Odds Of That.... There Are Pics Of It On www.sledbunnyracing.com Unfortunately The Cat Never Made It.:(

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen four or five moose this year, a bunch of deer and lotsa 'yotes and foxes and last year trail cleaning a huge (at least it looked huge when I was on a quad) cougar.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wildlife

See Moose and deer for sure. Seen a bobcat. With their big feet they walk right on the snow.Seen some Woodland Caribou north of Red Earth hunting one year.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen alot of animals while out sledding, but the wildest ones of all: there was one a tricked out REV, another on a Turboed RX1, and I believe the other was on an IQ...They were just to wild so I stayed clear:D

GRD

Reaction score
That is a good one... made me laugh!:PDT_hah:

I have seen alot of animals while out sledding, but the wildest ones of all: there was one a tricked out REV, another on a Turboed RX1, and I believe the other was on an IQ...They were just to wild so I stayed clear:D

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thats A Good One!!

KINDA REMINDS ME OF THE SIGNS ON THE HIWAYS.......... "WILDLIFE X-ING" ...... WE SAT THEIR ONE DAY HOPING TO SEE A BLONDE, OR BRUNETTE CROSSING, BUT NO LUCK........ LOL:D :D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We saw these bears a few years ago on the highway outside of Valemount while heading to Climina.

Very nice pic Curtis,I hear those guys like bunnyrabbits...........glad you made it back alive!They must have already had lunch! LOL!
catmando!:hunter2:
I thought I saw a couple bunnyrabbits at Average Joes!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Had To Laugh

ON THE WAY TO MILO, ALBERTA(WARRANTY WORK AND 10HR CHECKUP ON MY SLED @ MR. R'S:) ), I SAW A SIGN AROUND THE MACGREGOR RESEVOIR THAT SAID: WATCHABLE WILDLIFE........ :D :D :D I THOUGHT TO MYSELF BLONDES, BRUNETTES, ETC?? ALMOST PULLED OVER TO WATCH, BUT I HAD MY 12YR OLD SON WITH ME.....:rolleyes:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm guessing your saying "Girl" due to the lack of antlers? The male moose drops its antlers after mating season in order to conserve energy for the winter. It will then regrow them in the spring. The antlers take about three to five months to grow. In the fall during hunting season (Sept/Oct) their antlers are at thre largest. So maybe your right but I'll leave it to you to sneak up and check out the plumbing!!

Cheers
:D :D :D
I think that might be "big girl".....??? :dunno: :drink4:

Top Bottom