mosquito control

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the skeeter-vac as well, it definitely works. got mine at crappy tire for 300 bucks I think it was.

pictures27144Small.jpg

pictures27142Small.jpg

Could you use this in a normal back yard or is it to powerful?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that looks like it only catches FRENCH canadian mosquitos ?
it is tri-lingual....french on the left, spanish to the right, and english on the backside that you can't see in the pic. skeeter-vac does not discriminate. they all die

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is tri-lingual....french on the left, spanish to the right, and english on the backside that you can't see in the pic. skeeter-vac does not discriminate. they all die
when I dream its in spanish and no moquitos

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they said on the web site they cover 1/2 acre. Is that accurate as we are on 1/2 acre. Tks!
I live out of town, with a dugout 200 meters from the house, and a creek about 300 meters away. in the worst time for mosquitos I have to change that sticky trap 2 or 3 times a month. I usually put it in the back yard, but right now it's out in front of the house to keep the little buggers away from the door. I would say it covers at least an acre easy.

Could you use this in a normal back yard or is it to powerful?
it will work in a small yard for sure, your neighbors will prolly benefit from it too...lol.

like RK posted in his copy/pasted comment, you must replace the octenol attractant every month. without it, you hardly get any skeets on the sticky trap or in the vacuum trap. the co2/heat attraction is not enough, that attractant seems to seal the deal. these things work, no doubt about it. only part that pi$$es me off is when the golden retriever gets too close to it and wags his tail into the sticky trap and peels it off the skeeter vac. came home a few times to see it stuck to his tail....

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to the local Crappy Tire store and they are all sold out of the mosquito traps. They said they cant keep them on the shelf this year! Then went to Revy same thing. :( Oh well leaving for Greece on wed for a 3 week vacation so maybe the mosquitos will be gone by the time we get back :d:rolleyes:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
mine doesn't use any sticky trap... uses a netted coffee filter looking jobby..

I know about the octonal attractant ron I put a new one on it each time I set it up and every time I fill the tank.

I usually set it up before they hatch... may long-ish...

I'm gonna have to tear it downand look for a clog in the intake or something but even with a fresh attractant stick, the buggers were flying righ by it this year paying no attention to it... I had it set up for over a week in heavy mosquito environment and got NONE...

I'm gonna buy a couple bat colony houses... I have a few bats around but I'm told if you set up a proper bat house stratigically located they will tell others and you can easily end up with 100+ bats...

each bat will eat his/her own body weight in bugs per hour.

But seeing how the skeetervac has such good reviews I might buy one in the fall when crappy tire puts everything down to 65% off.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy a couple bat colony houses... I have a few bats around but I'm told if you set up a proper bat house stratigically located they will tell others and you can easily end up with 100+ bats...

each bat will eat his/her own body weight in bugs per hour.

But seeing how the skeetervac has such good reviews I might buy one in the fall when crappy tire puts everything down to 65% off.
I have a healthy bat population here, little buggers will be getting plenty to eat this season. at dusk they come out and fly around the yard, I think they are cool.

this guy was crawling around in the daylight last year, posed for some pics even....
pictures27614Small.jpg

pictures27610Small.jpg

pictures27620Small.jpg

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a healthy bat population here, little buggers will be getting plenty to eat this season. at dusk they come out and fly around the yard, I think they are cool.

this guy was crawling around in the daylight last year, posed for some pics even....
pictures27614Small.jpg

pictures27610Small.jpg

pictures27620Small.jpg

Tell him to be more creative. He has the same pose in every picture. :d

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pictures27614Small.jpg

pictures27610Small.jpg

pictures27620Small.jpg

look at them teeth!!! ugly looking thing!:eek:

Top Bottom