mosquito control

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anybody used the propane style mosquito control units? If so does it work?? Any other units for the yard?

We are not used to so many here in the Okanagan :d

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anybody used the propane style mosquito control units? If so does it work?? Any other units for the yard?

We are not used to so many here in the Okanagan :d

We have a skeetervac. It works awesome. Hardly any of the little bastages in our yard.

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Mosquito Trap

I have that one ^^^^^^^^^

worked great the first year but ever since it is not worth having, not sure what changed but after 5 days of steady sucking this year I said fawk it and hooked the tank up to my BBQ.....

I have heard that the skeeter-vac brand is awesome....

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read some testimonials and they were good. They only complaint people mention is the cost of propane and sticky pads. Needs propane every 20 days???

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I just read some testimonials and they were good. They only complaint people mention is the cost of propane and sticky pads. Needs propane every 20 days???

mine has typically been good for a month +/-....

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

About a month or so. Small price to pay to get rid of the buggers.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a propane fogger. Seems to work good.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a skeetervac. It works awesome. Hardly any of the little bastages in our yard.

I have the skeeter-vac as well, it definitely works. got mine at crappy tire for 300 bucks I think it was.

pictures27144Small.jpg

pictures27142Small.jpg

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mosquito magnet works great.
We had one in Fort McMurray and when we went to the neighbors you could not sit outside but we had no problems. We have had ours now for 6 years.
Propane is about one 20 lb bottle a month.
I know the alberta dealer and only place in alberta to fix them is Bagshaw Electric in stettler I think

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you pick one of those up Chance?

I'm not really sure Ken. Mom bought it a few years ago. I'll ask her next time I see her.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the skeeter-vac as well, it definitely works. got mine at crappy tire for 300 bucks I think it was.

pictures27144Small.jpg

pictures27142Small.jpg

That's the one! Try Canadian tire Ken. They're about $300. :d

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pictures27144Small.jpg

pictures27142Small.jpg

they said on the web site they cover 1/2 acre. Is that accurate as we are on 1/2 acre. Tks!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
According to the instructions on the Mosquito Trap you need to leave it running all the time. Mosquito's do not travel far from where they hatch during their short life cycle. Continuous use of the MK12 Guardian mosquito trap in one area can literally collapse the mosquito population over an area of up to 1 acre, virtually eliminating biting mosquitoes. This is accomplished by both immediately removing biting females from the area and by eliminating them from the breeding pool. Less mosquitoes laying eggs means less mosquitoes period! Accordingly, to achieve the best results from your Lentek MK12 Mosquito Trap Guardian, you must leave it in operation full-time during the mosquito season.

Also bogger there is a Octenol cartridge this is an attractant as well that needs to be replaced every 21 days for best results (30 days maximum recommended). Please note, the cartridge which contains the attractant will not dissolve, but the octenol will evaporate and no longer be effective after 30 days. Be sure to replace attractant according to instructions for optimal results.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they said on the web site they cover 1/2 acre. Is that accurate as we are on 1/2 acre. Tks!

Yes it is accurate. There will still be a few of them flying around, but lots captured too.

Top Bottom