Mntek turbo oil line rerouting/blown motor

jloffelbein

Reaction score
My buddy has a 2015 with a mntek turbo. He recently blew his motor. Seized a rod bearing and then it went thru the block. Mntek steals the 2 oil lines that go to the Rod bearings. And one of the lines that are Td from factory for the center crank bearing. Not a fan at all of this. What silber does is leaves the Rod bearing oil lines alone. There is 2 ports from factory that are Td and then goes to the middle port on the crank case. Silber takes the T out. One line goes to the port on the block and the other line feeds the turbo. I'm wondering if anyone has done something like this to adress the way mntek removes the Rod bearing oil lines even though they claim the oil that goes thru the turbo into the motor is sufficient lubrication.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It works for a lot of people. Was he actually monitoring his oil usage to see that he had it turned up sufficiently? When I had my MTNTK turbo the only way I could get enough oil into it was to put a U bend in the pump link rod to shorten it up.

That being said I also took out the same bearing on the second year of using the kit. Fortunately I shut it down quickly on hearing the noise and didn't do as much damage as your buddy.

jloffelbein

Reaction score
He bought it used with 500km. This was the first ride. We made it 4km up the trail and put the pto Rod thru the block. He was just puttsing up the trail. Wasn't aggressive on the throttle. So the oil wasn't making its way thru the turbo and into the motor.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He bought it used with 500km. This was the first ride. We made it 4km up the trail and put the pto Rod thru the block. He was just puttsing up the trail. Wasn't aggressive on the throttle. So the oil wasn't making its way thru the turbo and into the motor.

Somebody unloaded their problems on him unfortunately.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he buy a used 15 with the turbo or did he install the turbo after buying the sled? Who did the install? Need some more details.

jloffelbein

Reaction score
Bought it already turboed. Sled ran perfect in the garage and 3km up the trail. The polaris dealer by Calgary did it for the original owner

mtncat1

Reaction score
i think mtn tech sells a update to fix this oiling problem there are a couple of reports of this on snowest

Top Bottom