Oil Line Caught with Blown Belt

piston_broke

Reaction score
Had an interesting day on the hill when a blown belt ripped the oil line out of the tank and off the oil pump. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. I was lucky to catch it soon enough and only lost 90% of my oil into the engine bay. The line wasn't damaged thankfully so I was able to plumb it back in and ride out. The plan at this point is to rivet on an extended piece of aluminum to the belt guard underneath the line hopefully protecting it from happening again. The sled has a turbo so of course Polaris told me they wont do much about it. Funny because the turbo has nothing to do with poor protection of the main oil line.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I'll have to take a little peek a boo next time I'm at the shop.
Glad to hear you made er out!

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an oil line pulled to tight and crack on the fitting and was spraying onto my primary clutch caught it quick never roasted a belt yet

Chevra

Reaction score
I have honestly never blown a belt on a Polaris so I have not paid much attention to that haha. But the extra power of a turbo I can see why. Im sure your idea of making an aluminium shield will work perfectly.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have honestly never blown a belt on a Polaris so I have not paid much attention to that haha. But the extra power of a turbo I can see why. Im sure your idea of making an aluminium shield will work perfectly.
Come to think of it.......Neither have I haha. Since my old 1990 Indy 500 classic anyways.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give me a shout.... the 40 degree helix is not working so good in the turbo Axys. Happened to me last year.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was posted last season and guys were adding the gaurd from the Pro-Rides.

Use belts that don't explode like the Ct 048 too

Top Bottom