Mikuni Carb Setup

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i just thought i would ask if any of you have a standard set up procedure for these round slides. Im getting a high rev and ive backed out the slide screw. Starting from scratch after a carb rebuild what would you do?
Thanks

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i just thought i would ask if any of you have a standard set up procedure for these round slides. Im getting a high rev and ive backed out the slide screw. Starting from scratch after a carb rebuild what would you do?
Thanks

base your pilot screws to 1 1/2 turns....only if you removed them and dont know where they should be....still high ???

intake air leak...or crank seal......did you get into the carbs for this reason high idle......??

air leaks can be chased down with brake cleen or carb cleaner spray

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you wack the throttle and it stays idled up for a minute....then flattens out, you are still a bit lean. What are these carbs on? Is the pilot screw on the airbox end or on the engine side of the carb??

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
670 motor. Air screw in will bring more or less......fuel or air?
Here's the set up. 16th of an inch under slides. Idle screw out 5 turns and air screw out 1 high revs hanging on after throttle blip?

s/b tech

Reaction score
Pilot screws adjust the amount of air drawn into the pilot circuit. The more they are turned in, the richer the fuel mixture. Wht is the rpm that the machine idles at after it settles down?

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for starters depends where screw is if by the airbox, out=air. But if it is on engine side, out=fuel. when the slides come down do they hit the idle screw?

s/b tech

Reaction score
The pilot screws on the 670 motor are ahead of the slides which mean they are adjusting the the amount of air. Turned in means more fuel, turned out means more air.:)

s/b tech

Reaction score
Your adjustments are prob very close. Try adjusting the slide height down a bit and see if it changes the result.:)

s/b tech

Reaction score
the thumbwheel screws on the side of the carbs adjust the slide heights. Should be idling between 1600-1800 rpm.:)

Top Bottom