Midwest Motorsports

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
Had a look at the Midwest ATV's at the Calgary bike show this weekend. They seem to have a nice product there. Anyone have anything to say about Midwest, good or bad??

adman

Reaction score
I thought the same thing a year and a half ago, until I bought one. I have and 96 frx 125 that I bought for my boy, and it looks like it would be the best machine in it's class, with full suspension, disc brakes, etc. It started having little problems right away, like the sprocket came loose on the first trip, bolts everywhere came loose, the chain stretched and almost came off the first couple trips, and got worse til now it smokes (rings, I think) all the time. At first I thought it was a pdi issue, but it is evident now that it's a quality issue. The head office assured me that I hadn't bought a Honda, and my expectations were too high. Is this good customer support? It's currently for sale, and if you want to do more than ride around a dry, flat acreage,please save for another month and buy a name brand.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had very good luck with off brand atv's. Less maintenence than my 2 polaris's.

adman

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider Polaris in the Name Brand category, from my experience.

damebb75

Reaction score
Waste of money. Shop around a bit and u will find a good deal on a name brand quad. Found a 2009 750 brute force brand new still at the dealer for 7000 probably could get it for cheaper. just saying.

98sumitt

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've got 5 of them rangeing from 110 kids quads up to their 700 side by side.
Have had a few small issues with the 700 but warranty took care of them. As for the quads, I havent had a minutes trouble with them.
Alot of their models are copies of name brand models and the parts are interchangable. They told me that some guys are getting Rhino parts from them as things in Japan are slow going right now as far as ordering parts etc.
I also have an '09 NRG 450 dirt bike of theirs and its a copy of a CRF, and a CRF shop manual will tell you everything you need to know about a NRG.

Mayfly

Reaction score
Had a MFC 90, a knock-off of the Yamaha Raptor. Biggest piece of chit...
Bolts loosening, tires beads popping off. Garbage.

Top Bottom