Maclean Shelter

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you check the official maps posted on the Sask sled association's website?

Scotty2Hotty

Reaction score
Did you check the official maps posted on the Sask sled association's website?

I did... Nothing on any of the maps or in the Maclean section.

I know this shack used to be just off the number 10 highway. Used to go there all the time. They moved it just before Christmas last year. Apparently into some guys yard just outside Maclean.

Was trying to find it last weekend as it would be a nice short ride for me and the neighbours old ladies when we want to take them out for a ride...

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Unconfirmed but I heard it is just out side the McLean campground. I have yet to venture to find it. It was a sad day when it was moved. It used to be one of the pit stops on the way to Fort Qu'Appelle. I heard the gent who owns the land, was having trouble with quadders ripping up his land in the spring /summer. That could just be a story but it's one I have heard numerous times. Hope you find the shelter. I'll be looking in the next few weeks.

Scotty2Hotty

Reaction score
Unconfirmed but I heard it is just out side the McLean campground. I have yet to venture to find it. It was a sad day when it was moved. It used to be one of the pit stops on the way to Fort Qu'Appelle. I heard the gent who owns the land, was having trouble with quadders ripping up his land in the spring /summer. That could just be a story but it's one I have heard numerous times. Hope you find the shelter. I'll be looking in the next few weeks.

Yes it was a sad day when it was moved... I am in White City and it was a great stop point on the way to the Fort. The trip to the fort now is almost too long now. :-(

Yes it was moved because the land owner had problems with quads in the summer time and crops being destroyed. I will find it eventually, just have to venture out there again someday.

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Yes it was a sad day when it was moved... I am in White City and it was a great stop point on the way to the Fort. The trip to the fort now is almost too long now. :-(

Yes it was moved because the land owner had problems with quads in the summer time and crops being destroyed. I will find it eventually, just have to venture out there again someday.

Roosters retreat shelter is a good place to stop on the way to the fort(just past intersection of highway 10 & 210). Nice shack but still it was nice to have the McLean shack to pit stop at. The McLean campground is three - four miles west and a mile south of McLean. Kind of out of the way for my normal ride. I'd like to find it though. Post if you do run across it.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roosters retreat shelter is a good place to stop on the way to the fort(just past intersection of highway 10 & 210). Nice shack but still it was nice to have the McLean shack to pit stop at. The McLean campground is three - four miles west and a mile south of McLean. Kind of out of the way for my normal ride. I'd like to find it though. Post if you do run across it.

I'll head out that way Saturday for a looksee. Only a few miles down the road from me and I need some testing time anyways to get a few things sorted. The campground is a nice spot to stop by at. Out of the wind and a good spot to cook some koob.

Scotty2Hotty

Reaction score

Roosters Retreat is awesome! Just like a little pit stop in between. Someone else jsut confirmed that the MacLean shack was just moved and taken out of commission before last weekend. :-(

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
It's a shame it's gone but there are a few more great shelters east of Balgonie. Hopefully no one pisses off the landowners and we can continue to use these shelters.

Top Bottom