M9000 good or bad?

krusher1968

Reaction score
What is the talk about the new m9000? I am up grading and was thinking about this sled??

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 13 and I couldn't keep a belt on it if my life depended on it. I think I have shares in cat now for all the money I wasted in belts! There are fixes for that now from evo but it costs like 1800 for the guaranteed fix I was told.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 13 and I couldn't keep a belt on it if my life depended on it. I think I have shares in cat now for all the money I wasted in belts! There are fixes for that now from evo but it costs like 1800 for the guaranteed fix I was told.[/QUOTE

7 corded belts on my freeride and xm in a combined 2500 km. plus now they each have a new belt and spare so were at 11 belts. Insane clutch temps but I have it fixed i think. Vents and clutching have seriously lowered the temps. Funny cause I ride with all 2012 or newer cats and they don't have any issues except one m1100. I feel your pain. Belts aren't cheap

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11 belts in 2500 km? You should get that checked out. Knock on wood, I've never blown a belt in the 13 years riding and racing doo. Change the belt on my non racer usually around 3000 K just to be safe. I am an absolute nut though, my clutches are cleaned inside and out every 500 km. Sheave faces after every use.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11 belts in 2500 km? You should get that checked out. Knock on wood, I've never blown a belt in the 13 years riding and racing doo. Change the belt on my non racer usually around 3000 K just to be safe. I am an absolute nut though, my clutches are cleaned inside and out every 500 km. Sheave faces after every use.

7 corded. The other 5 are still in service. Both machines corded belts under 500 km. then got worse n worse. Dealer rechecked alignment and said it was good. My point was all makes have some belt burners.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you, everything in the world has it's issues. Even the best of one thing can't always be good. That just seemed like a high number that was all.

krusher1968

Reaction score
So other than belt issues, the 14 M9000 is a decent ride? I currently ride a m8 and i am happy with it. I is just getting old and time to upgrade. I usaully keep a sled for a long time so i want to by something that i am going to like. I ride the back country in the kootenay's but i don't know any one that has a turbo 4 stroke to talk too.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suggest riding similar sleds to what your group rides. interchangable parts and having experience with that type of machine for repairs is always nice to have. But if your going new I would look at the viper mtx for 2015, same chassis, but a proven motor, plus the boosted snowcheck option might be nice.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent point about what your group rides DaltonW. I ride a tNytro and have way more fun doing what it is made for. The XM guys in our group say the same but have a different idea of what a great day is. Both sleds are great in their element. The thing about interchangeable belts and such is nice too.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is one issue yamaha does not have is belt problems. And the belt only costs 100 bucks. I am running about 290hp and don't have belt issues. So if you were looking at new and a 4stroke may be in the future liook at the viper and put the turbo that is offered onto it .

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great motor and chassis. Driveline is in need if complete re-engineering. A good dealership makes allot of difference too.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea, can you buy one before the 19th?

Top Bottom