Speedwerx Superchargers Good or No

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought 4 new Cats, 2 Riots, and 2 M8000.

Would like to up the power of the mountain sleds, possibly the Speedwerx supercharger kits.
Good and bad about them?
Work well?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to ride one but haven't unfortunately. The reviews on them usually vary and they seem to be more popular with very aggressive riders whereas more average riders seem to prefer aftermarket turbo kits. The fuel consumption is supposedly terrible as well. Install and setup appear much more involved than a turbo. I would be more inclined to look at a turbo kit from Redline or a bigbore from Brent Linderman.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Been there done that, i had an early kit on a sled i bought. When it worked it was a riot. Fuel consumption was unreal how bad. Changing a broken supercharger belt is an ordeal. For the price i think i'd rather try a solid turbo. By the way, Reverse sucked literally. charger spun backwards, sucking oil into the airbox.

Moral of story, new kits are WAY better then what i had. extremely expensive. And there's a ton of torque going through the small recoil housing bolts.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far men.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Googling, I found this interesting thread on another forum.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My local motorsports brings them in as fast as they can, cannot keep them in stock. Says 5 a month at 11k each (installed).
Last winter I was watching a guy riding one, it was amazing to see.
Talked to him for 5 minutes, he said that it ran perfectly all the time, and he loved it compared to his previous turbo doo, not a factory turbo, but aftermarket turbo on a doo.
While I didn't ride his Cat, he was sure happy with it, and damn it looked to work great .

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
If mountain riding I would research Turbos vrs Superchargers in mountains. I believe the supercharger robs the engine of Horsepower and does not compensate for altitude, where the turbo does not. Superchargers would be better for drag racing at a straight altitude. They are more expensive as well.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy I ride with has a supercharger on his alpha. It’s absolutely ridiculous how much power that sled has. I’m a turbo guy and like the power but that thing is just way to much. Throw a turbo on and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy I ride with has a supercharger on his alpha. It’s absolutely ridiculous how much power that sled has. I’m a turbo guy and like the power but that thing is just way to much. Throw a turbo on and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huh? What planet are you from? Too much??

😉🤣

Top Bottom