M9000 clutch setup

spacoli

Reaction score
Got a 2014 m9000 and am wondering what everybody doing to clutches to save on belts? Also what's best belt to be running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you blowing belts? In elevation?? What RPM is your machine Reving at when its blowing belts? How is it blowing the belt? The best belt to run is the cat belt, you can also run the dayco. If your blowing belts in elevation and your RPM is within spec your clutches could be out of alignment or you need to replace your motor mounts. You can also try a team tied secondary.

spacoli

Reaction score
I've only wrecked one belt, it didn't shred but lots of cords showing, it was spring ride t-shirt weather so should of left shields in trailer. I hold back for fear of blowing belts though so I am just wondering what people have done to ensure not to blow belt. I have venting, was wondering about blowhole? Just looking at preventative maintenance. Are the 14's as bad as the 12-13's? I see bikeman has deflection tool and wide belt upgrade is this simplest answer or go right to tcl delete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the center to center on your sled? A lot came slightly long from factory and as such a slightly longer belt bandaids that issue. C to C on my turbo was long and I had good success with an XS809 belt. Many people run the Dayco XTX 5020 successfully. This year I have corrected the C to C using an OSP bar and shim. Other issues are primary bind when they get real hot.

SteveM1100T

Reaction score
I have a 13 M1100T with 880km and have only blown one belt, have your alignment checked as that can be a for sure reason as to why your blowing belts, I always use the Cat belts, one thing I did with mine that made a huge difference was venting, put the vented hood and side panels on and the clutch temps and under hood temps dropped substantially, cause the sleds are U.S made they have to pass sound level tests which is why they aren't vented worth a **** from the
factory, but have the alignmemt checked and if ya have little extra cash vent the hood and side panels and you will be happy!

feetsbig

Reaction score
Yes alignment is critical.as long as you can get it squared up if you have a long c to c use the dayco.venting helps imensly.after that I added a911response primary cover and herules helix and I cant believe how much cooler they run now

Top Bottom