m8 turbo

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if a twisted turbo would be the way to go for my sled?

Jeff K

Reaction score
Twisted makes really nice turbo kits. The only thing I don't like is that they remove the oil injection system and you have to premix gas. Others may think that is great, just not for me.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would check out cpc (cutler)...
cutlers always been known for building a a strong product..

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been reserching turbos for 3 months now and I have decided on the twisted turbo for my 09 M1000. Seems to have the best option for the power I am looking for and at a really reasonable price. My next suggestion would be a boondocker they have a ton of R&D into their kits and are a true pull the rope and ride. But the price is also a bit higher on these. The CPC kit looks well and performs well from what I hear but has to be installed right and set up right or you could have a huge headache on your hands. Both Boondocker and twisted have great install instructions and there is always someone on the other end willing to help! Hope this helps you out a little.

Jeff K

Reaction score
I think they all need to be installed right and setup right to work properly.

I installed my CPC stage 2 kit just after Christmas. Couldn't be happier so far!

Attachments

• IMG00045-20091229-1722.jpg
    IMG00045-20091229-1722.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG00046-20091229-1722.jpg
    IMG00046-20091229-1722.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG00049-20091229-1723.jpg
    IMG00049-20091229-1723.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 445

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if a twisted turbo would be the way to go for my sled?

I'm sold on the twisted setup.
Twisted KITS | Twisted Turbos

Buy , and there is two Mainjet Twisted Turbos running all day long and strong. These guy push the Twisted Kits hard. I'm definately sold on the product. Did you ever check out Quantum Velocity in Red Deer? They made their own T-Kit for the M series from what I've seen it is a solid product as well.

406 sled club

Reaction score
I have a stage 3 cutler, cleanest kit out there, it is on an o9 m 8, and runs amazing and not as finicky as other. I recommend it. Just look at the pictures and see.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I installed my CPC stage 2 kit just after Christmas. Couldn't be happier so far!

I just seen this sled run on the weekend, he did a great job on the install, and the thing worked great!....it was fun riding with you guys! Hope your girl friend is ok after that fall...ouch.!:d

Jeff K

Reaction score
Thanks NosRX1! It was great riding with you guys too. My girlfriend is a little sore still after her 30' drop off that cornice :eek: but she will be back in full force shortly! The CPC M8 turbo ran great again. I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Can you post a couple pics as to where the intake routes to on the hood? I've always been curious. How much did the kit run you? How hard to install? You can pm me if you don't want this all public. Thanks :)

Jeff K

Reaction score
Can you post a couple pics as to where the intake routes to on the hood? I've always been curious. How much did the kit run you? How hard to install? You can pm me if you don't want this all public. Thanks :)

The prices are on Cutler's site:

I really suggest you call and talk to Dale Cutler (Owner) as he is awesome to talk to and will answer all your questions about his kit.

The install was not difficult, but it does take time. This was my first install and I took my time with everything. It probably took me between 12 hours total. There is no cutting or welding. You only need to drill a couple holes, and tap a hole on the throttle bodies for the blow off valve. Other than that, everything pretty much bolts right on. The kit has every bolt, nut, fitting, etc. as well as all the clutching, and the instructions are very good. The only thing you need to buy when you are done is a quart of oil for the turbo tank and some coolant to refill the system.

The cold air intake connects to a plate mounted on the hood. Basically the entire headlight area is the airbox. Pic attached.

Attachments

• IMG00048-20091229-1723.jpg
    IMG00048-20091229-1723.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 420

sledneckx69

Reaction score
The prices are on Cutler's site:

I really suggest you call and talk to Dale Cutler (Owner) as he is awesome to talk to and will answer all your questions about his kit.

The install was not difficult, but it does take time. This was my first install and I took my time with everything. It probably took me between 12 hours total. There is no cutting or welding. You only need to drill a couple holes, and tap a hole on the throttle bodies for the blow off valve. Other than that, everything pretty much bolts right on. The kit has every bolt, nut, fitting, etc. as well as all the clutching, and the instructions are very good. The only thing you need to buy when you are done is a quart of oil for the turbo tank and some coolant to refill the system.

The cold air intake connects to a plate mounted on the hood. Basically the entire headlight area is the airbox. Pic attached.

How is the intake for keeping out the snow dust on those cold deep powder days? Thanks.

Jeff K

Reaction score
How is the intake for keeping out the snow dust on those cold deep powder days? Thanks.

I haven't had any snow in the intake yet and I have been in some deep powder. I siliconed around the headlights which is the only place snow can get in.

m turbo

Reaction score
Twisted is the only way ! We run a 1200 race and a 800 race. We drag race and hill climb with the sleds, They ripp!!!!!!! Shanes program works.

stapleguy

Reaction score
twisted kits are complete and rock!

if you will want to turn up boost at all you are adding way more fuel/air so it is best to mix fuel unless you are comfy at 80 to 1 0r 100 1 mix ratios
plus it shortens the charge tube giving better responce

Sparx

Reaction score
IMO all the kits are great running when installed correctly so take your time and get someone with experience to help if you can. All it is in the end is picking a kit that suits you best. If you don't trust the oil injection like Shane doesn't then run the twisted kits. All the other kit manufacturers trust them and I didn't want the hassle so I went with OVS. I didn't like how the Cutler's charge tube ran so close to the exhaust so I went with OVS and haven't had a hickup since and the tunability and runability is awesome! Right from the truck it was a pull and go sled with little tuning to make it run where it should on the A/F gauge even though it ran great the whole time.

You can't go wrong with any installed right, just pick what you want, install it right and go have some fun! Shane, OVS, and Cutler have proven themselves pretty good with customer service if you need help though the install.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know most guys have had amazing luck with CPC, but if I was to do it again I would stay far away from a stage 3 cutler kit. A bit more work installing it yourself as you have to change out the throttlebodies and reset the tps. That was the one thign I got help with when I installed my stage 3 and it was also the one thing that screwed up a year of riding (throttle bodies came apart and I know we used locktite).

Finally went to go ride mine two days ago after getting the throttle bodies fixed through the summer (took 6 months mostly due to it being kicked aside for boats) and I made it less than 2 miles. I have a bad feeling the turbo just piled up in it (made a wierd tinging noise from the turbo area) so now i get to ride the girlfriends sled for my one guaranteed trip (every boxing day) this year.

I had a couple questions while doing the install (which I had the local shop go over right after I was done it) and I called Dale Cutler up. I don't know if they were obvious stupid questions or if he was in a bad mood or what, but after paying 6500 for his kit and then putting up with him being arrogant I'll never buy or recommend a cutler product.

Looking back on my whole experience, and I could be that one rare or very rare bad experience, but I wish I had a twisted kit or a silber kit many times over. I just might have more than 100 miles on the sled since being turboed.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CPC is definately not the only way to go. But if you do go with cpc you might want to look at putting some kind of screen over the cold air intake to prevent things like say a headlight mounting nut/bracket looking thing from going down your turbo and f*cking the veins and bearings. Definately never heard of a twisted kit having that problem although how the nut/bracket fell off in the first place after 343 miles is unknown to me.

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, I think an extra frogskin or something would be well worth it just in case.

Top Bottom