M8 pump gas turbo vs 925BB

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Im bringing back this thread for one more question....track lenght, what do you guys prefer a 153 or a 162 on your turbo m8's ?

im 5'7", 150lbs without gear, i like boondocking and hillclimbing, im just curious if a 153 will just dig a hole. Iv riden a turbo nytro that had a 153 on it and it just sank, im wondering if a lighter snowmobile will do the same or not with a little less power....220ish

thanks for the help guys

BOOSTED

Reaction score
high jack it all you want, im convinced now that im going to go with turbo, i think ill port and polish the motor, put on the RTK head and and RTK seconday kit the first season then turbo it the next then if im not broke spend some money on some light weight parts

thanks for all the info:d

Just remember if you RKT your sled out, have to change the head back to stock to boost it....
I had the 15hp RKT kit on my 09 sno pro 162, just pulled it off, going back to stock, bought a stage 3 CPC turbo kit, if there is one thing I have to add after doing much research into boosting my M8, Dale at Cutler Performance makes a BEAUTIFUL kit, only cold air intake in the market, i spent 3 hrs on the phone with him, he wanted to be sure of what I needed.
highly recommend the CPC kit for your M8

B

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
Just remember if you RKT your sled out, have to change the head back to stock to boost it....
I had the 15hp RKT kit on my 09 sno pro 162, just pulled it off, going back to stock, bought a stage 3 CPC turbo kit, if there is one thing I have to add after doing much research into boosting my M8, Dale at Cutler Performance makes a BEAUTIFUL kit, only cold air intake in the market, i spent 3 hrs on the phone with him, he wanted to be sure of what I needed.
highly recommend the CPC kit for your M8

B

thanks alot for that, do you like your 162 on your cat? and when i do get a turbo i will be getting a cpc kit

BOOSTED

Reaction score
thanks alot for that, do you like your 162 on your cat? and when i do get a turbo i will be getting a cpc kit

I also have a 2010 HCR 153" to be quite honest I cant really tell the difference between the 162 and the 153 when riding, realistically there is only another 4.5" of length on the ground between the two of them, however would highly recommend the longer track when boosted, helps to keep the nose down.

B

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
Ha I just might take you up on that turbo pickle paint job this summer. I'll let you know when I get the turbo installed this summer.

Top Bottom