Lost in the West

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little Onda works well in the thicks, best tool for this middle age dude.

Bingo, Furry critters on the go.

Took 2 days of tracking the fresh foot prints.

Just after them I spotted some Spruce Grouse, hard to see in the yellow grass.

Both of them took cover.

Pet-Moss Valley, now this is the hang out.

The big units make the hole deeper, so no need to return for me till this fall when the ground tacks-up.

Tire chains paid off with out a hitch, but I can see the rubber tire units slid down to the left side trying to gain traction on glare ice of this hill. It don't look steep, but see a hum-dingger.

There are only 2 accesses to this creek if one wants to cross on either of the beaver dams.

She a long drive once one crosses the creek. End-less mounds for viewing along the way.

Awesome view on top of the Noal.

And a bridge to rap up the days ride.

Sure has been nice returning to 4 wheels, and soon it will be time to head to further areas now that most of the snow is gone. Not sure where I will end up, but it will be some distance since Western Canada has many areas to explore.

Little unit has been running awesome with no glitches, so a add-on to quad supplies is under way this week.

Pal Lem who is ready to roll.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good weekend, Saturday was nice as I watch the snow melt away.

Time has come to put on some miles to different areas now that the unit is well broke in.

Must remember to pack extra winch cable and snatch block for next ride. LOL.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good weekend, Saturday was nice as I watch the snow melt away.

Time has come to put on some miles to different areas now that the unit is well broke in.

Must remember to pack extra winch cable and snatch block for next ride. LOL.

What year is your Honda

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Onhda is 2015 model with solid back axle/ foot shift with no power steering. Plain jane like the operator.

Use it mostly for checking crops, cows, fishing & hunting on outings when I can get away.

We have 3 others at the farm, I have worn down 4 others 350's over the years, so we replace them when they hit the high miles. some were around 22 to 25.000 kms since we've got our use out of them. Always brakes and seals, but the new units have engine slow down built in so we don't burn off the brakes, they switch to disk up front as they work much better then the old drum style.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friends and family have had pretty much every unit at one time, some good, some not so much. seems that the only unit that was ready too ride for work and play was these darn Ondas.

Yes they had crappy brakes, ruff as 4@!! rugged terrain, and the odd rear-end in-put seal due too sticks and dirt, but they never let us down when we need them at the farm.

I like Polaris and Yamaha units, but we have good life time family friends that treats us well in Red Deer.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet thread...

Thanks for putting in all the effort, I wish more people on this site did rather than tearing others down at every opportunity ...

I hear yha brother. Theres some crazy stuff on this forum at times, so I decided to wing it on my own thread, well and open format thread that all can share on that is.
I really enjoy taking photos of out doors/ back woods stuff since it occupies my free time.

I have the travel bug in me that tells me to explore, so I took a year off to travel all of Canada and most of the USA. 1 year of traveling was too much, plan is to keep it in the 2 month range on long stints, and fit in weekends when I can.

The plan is continue living the dream, and sharing what I can on S&M since this is what a activity forum means to me.

Pal Lem

Last edited:

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great thread! Appreciate the efforts so we can share in your journeys. Stay safe and keep living the dream.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
March 12th &13. 2016 Crazy Eights Ride

Just about have the new Onda broke in, and long distance trip are soon to follow.

The 12th ride is at a place the locals called the "Yellow Bridge Road," and its been a long time since I've been back there.

North Saskatchewan River.

Ice is melting off fast.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of vantage points in this area.

Tributaries need more sun, a lot more.

Ohhhhhh !!! Ice Burges.

Islands of them.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of Newfoundland, but on a much smaller scale. Ha.

And a chance too take a selfy of Onda sitting on one. Hope it don't break off !!!

Way too kool checking them out. Sure like the opportunity to see it first hand.

The Geese are coming home.

These folks showed up from RMH, so I invited them over too the fire.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad I fired up the bone since it was chilly this morning, and now a chance to visit with some super nice folks.

And a chance for these folks too put some miles on their new unit.

Well they went for a rip-roar, I got too baby sit "Hungry Eyes,"

And "Fetch Stick." Ha Ha...

After gathing more fire wood for them, it was time to ride the Power line.

Big Raven ended the ride in that direction, but I was surprised how many new roads went in while I was gone.

Awesome view from up here.

Another ride on the other side is now in the works.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I have some IGS "Indian Guiding System pin marks from the 12th day ride to go by on my normal side of the river.

Right Left of center one could say.

I was here earlier this Winter, and I had to pin it on my GPS since I forgot too last adventure.

Defiantly not the timber kings building this log home. Ha.

And a old stomping ground ride from way back when as its good to see my friends area that his folks had put time into for us to share.

Rose Creek staging area snowmobile cabin...

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope they stock the fishing pond this year as normal.

Rose Creek trail is in pretty ruff shape, but there are others that are fine.

A little tricky when wet, for smaller units that is.

Yum Yum time.

Found many awesome cut-lines not too far from Rose Creek.

160 kms on the 12th, 120 today as I rap up my ride. Won't be long before I put on some miles in the far West foot hills.
Best part of the day spent sitting on this hill over looking the live in motion TV Canada, much like CBC but in real time !!!

Lucky we are to live in this time since there ain't no negatives when blue skies with green trees fill our needs.

Pal Lem adding to lifes ventures one day at a time

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we seen you out today. We were ridin west of hwy 22 staged at the gravel pits across from hwy 53. We were a few kms north of the trucks. 2 rzr's and 2 grizzlies. We went by on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we seen you out today. We were ridin west of hwy 22 staged at the gravel pits across from hwy 53. We were a few kms north of the trucks. 2 rzr's and 2 grizzlies. We went by on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uppers, that was me as I was checking out the new cut block area soon to be. They did a inner cut where you seen me sitting to the South/ East, and it looks like they will harvest the next section to the South of that.

Shes some over grown back there and many other spots.

Pal Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome area to ride, definitely have had the weather on your side!!

Yuppers on warm temps ahead.

I ran half the weekend with out tire chains, but there are a few spots that are challanging to drive, one could say that sled season is done in these areas.

Rocky Mountain House West 50 kms needs more time yet since shaded in areas and low creek crossings are packed up a-bit yet. Main open spots are clear of snow as well as all service roads. One needs to watch out for icy side-hill sections if you are not running tire chains.

Only needed the winch 2 X's over the last month, so the iron is paying off, will pick up front tire chains this week to pack along. Little unit is just like a D-4 cat when all 4 support traction biters.

Pal Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been mostly winging it since so many areas have changed with new cut blocks, size-mic lines & roads.

Best part is seeing these changes over 40 years as many younger planted tree blocks are now ready for harvist.

Yellow Bridge Road has really openend up to explore, this adds more room for all of us to adventure freely.

Pal Lem

Top Bottom