looking for some new riding gear

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to be looking for a new helmet and goggles for this up coming year. just want to know what some good helmets and googles are. i don't want some cheap hjc helmet. i was looking at the klim helmet. what do you guys think.

i will also be looking for a pair of boots. for these i was looking at the hmk ones but also want your guys opinion on what some good ones are.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
I stepped up to the Klim gear last year. It is the best gear out there. I just need the helmet. I recomend it.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and me too i steped up to all klim gear from head to toe love it is light and warm u wont go wrong and the helmet is awesome klim gear is a little pricey but u get what u pay for and it last for along time

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the absolute least you want the Klim boots....there is nothing lighter or better out there....

If you can wait for the sled show and look around talk to peeps there and may get a bit of a deal...not much with Klim but again well worth the money...

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim isn't much more than the rest of it and well worth the money!!! It is lightweight, dries in no time, doesn't soak up the water like some of the others, and is fashionable.
I seen a few good deals on Klim gear lately (on boots), just forget where I seen it. I think it was actually on the Klim website.
After you try Klim for yourself, you'll see the durability and never go back to any other kind of riding gear. It may seem costly at first, but with the helmet I bought they give you an extra visor, lining for warm and cold weather, screws, and helmet bag, which doesn't seem like much, but if you had to buy these individually would add up
I know it's proven itself countless times for me, and I won't change after having it.

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a pair of Burton snowboard boots they are better than klim,hmk, or any of that crap!

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the klim boots look a little bulky compared to the hmk boots. do you guys find this. i think i will get the helmet for sure. what about goggles. i want a real good pair that won't fog.

i am real sure i am going to wait till the sled show to get it unless i come across some smoking deal.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am looking at the 509 and the progrip 3500 goggles. kinda leaning toward the progripp's. what do you guys that use them think.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the klim boots look a little bulky compared to the hmk boots. do you guys find this. i think i will get the helmet for sure. what about goggles. i want a real good pair that won't fog.

i am real sure i am going to wait till the sled show to get it unless i come across some smoking deal.

I had a pair of DC snowboard boots for riding...they were awesome for about a yr and a half riding then they started to leak....the klim boots were about the same price and same weight and bulk but last a heck of a lot longer....

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear and love my KLIM adrenaline boots.. They are nowhere near as bulky as a snowboard boot and really comfy.. The thing that i dont like about snowboard boots is that they are so stiff. I rode with a guy this spring that had hmk gear that was brand new and he got wet, me and another guy there wearing all klim gear were not wet at all.. On the boots there is either a year or two year warranty i cant rememeber 100% but on all there clothes they have a lifetime of the garment warranty.. Now that to me says that klim beleives in there product.. i have a new klim helmet comin this year the 10th anniversary edition one.

94fordguy

All my gear is Klim with the exception on my Helmet and goggles. I have had good luck with the Scott Light Sensitive ones that change the shade according to how bright or dark it is outside, very happy. As far as the rest of my riding gear, I have been extremely happy with my Klim gear, never wet at all! I have even stood in a running creek in the middle of winter and still been perfectly dry and toasty warm:eek::D

I'm sold on Klim for life, not because of the reputation, but because of the performance:D:D

As far as helmets go, I just have a cheapy THH that I like, so no real suggestions there if your looking for a higher end bucket.

gorpet

Reaction score
Good Morning Canada, I too am looking for new riding gear and I have a few questions to the old timers. This is my first time purchaing a snowmachine, I bought a used Phazer MTX with 189 kms on it for 5000 bucks, not bad as I think I can aabuse it for a year aand then send it to the family cabin to be used maybe one a year for the rest of its life. I have spent alot of time in the bush and have over 60 days backcoutry skiing but always witha guide. I know how to sski but I don't know how to snowmobile. I need help as I would like to be good at it by thursday.
So far I have the machine, a used klim suit and a desire to get so much snow in my mouth I have to spit it out or drown.
The question now is helmut, Utility is all I want, the klim have all these vent how many of you use them and how often. Thanks in adavaance and every so often I have to go to the garage and look and my SLED

gorpet

Reaction score
i need boots and i think this is the way to go, lots good used equpment around, question if a guy were to buy a used spilt snowboard, and boot. How rugged would the boot be, and how many days could a guy snowmobile before the boot did step into the spilt board any,more, sorry about the grammer.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Check out Habervision for fog free goggle systems. I've been riding with the MXT/Eliminator system since this spring on my DR. Lots of cold mornings and one day it even started snowing on me half way to work. People at work where starting to insist that my riding to work in bad weather was the reason why summer was so late in starting this year. Anyway I found it really nice to be able to sit at a stop light on the bike and not fog up. There's a direct link in my signature to Habervision.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks. the habervisions look pretty good to. i think it will come down to which ones fit with my helmet and face better.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to be looking for a new helmet and goggles for this up coming year. just want to know what some good helmets and googles are. i don't want some cheap hjc helmet. i was looking at the klim helmet. what do you guys think.

i will also be looking for a pair of boots. for these i was looking at the hmk ones but also want your guys opinion on what some good ones are.

I have a set of HMK pro boas and I like them but they are hot and do get wet inside, but still stay warm (no goretex). Had the klim adrenaline and found they were not quite as aggressive as I was looking for, sidehilling a stiff boot comes in handy. All in all if I was to do it again I would go with the top line Klim Radium boots. Goretex is an absolute lifesaver.

Be careful with boot sizing it has nothing to do with shoe sizes. My size 11.5 foot is size 15 snowmobile boot.

The rest of my gear is Klim and is bland agreed but works like a champ.

Make sure you read how to care for your goretex as it likes to be clean and put it in the dryer afterwards, the heat helps redistribute the fibers and restores water repellency.

For goggles if is hard to beat the quick strap deals. Great for on the hill chats and quick breaks with out fogging.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks alot. ya i am pretty sure i am going with the top klim ones. with my goggles i will be getting quick straps to. i love them. have them on every set of goggles.

Crowfoot

Reaction score
Klim is the gear to go with, not to sure on the helmet, heard its good, but need to wear the liner because of the increased ventilation. plain ski doo helmets half the price and fit great.

Top Bottom