Looking for some Friends

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Like the title says need some friends. In case anyone hasn't figured it out Im new ish on the website and very new to quadding, like brand new. Me and the wife have just got a trailer and quad this year and plan on heading out west near Rocky and to the south west towards trunk road to do some ATV ing.

However with the all the crap weather and rain we are getting I,m getting a little nervous about this, especially since I do not know the area. Not a fan of becoming a statistic. If it was just me no big deal but I'd be divorced if she got stranded in the bush with me.

What I hope is that someone with a big heart will or would let us accompany them on a couple of the rides they go on.
1.) So I can get a feeling for the area and terrian
2.) To give the quad a shake down i have only put on 300 km since bought.
3.) For peace of mind

We will be heading out to the area between August 15th to 20th.

Quad is on 04 660 Grizzly, no mods except 26" Mud lites and rad relocate.

We are both very independent and easy to get along with, I like beer and she likes to shoot the Sh t. I'm mechanically inclined and apt to help in anyway I can.

Any suggestions on random things to bring,tool,gas,propane,maps and the likes is apprecieted. Anything that you thought "hmmm would have been nice if someone mentioned that"

Thankyou to everyone in advance I know you will all be very helpful:smilieicon_ford::beerchug:

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can make it August 12-13-14 with Red Deer suds group, it would be a good time. Contact ( Larry ) " imdoo'n" he is setting it up. Sounds like it will be out west. There will be some real performers :rolleyes: ....lol. Not going to mention any names.....lol. ( Tex & Graham )
I'm also new to this, and you don't have to " Do as some do " you can go around the bad spots. Hope this helps you ! :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the title says need some friends. In case anyone hasn't figured it out Im new ish on the website and very new to quadding, like brand new. Me and the wife have just got a trailer and quad this year and plan on heading out west near Rocky and to the south west towards trunk road to do some ATV ing.

However with the all the crap weather and rain we are getting I,m getting a little nervous about this, especially since I do not know the area. Not a fan of becoming a statistic. If it was just me no big deal but I'd be divorced if she got stranded in the bush with me.

What I hope is that someone with a big heart will or would let us accompany them on a couple of the rides they go on.
3.) For peace of mind

We are both very independent and easy to get along with, I like beer and she likes to shoot the Sh t. I'm mechanically inclined and apt to help in anyway I can.

Any suggestions on random things to bring,tool,gas,propane,maps and the likes is apprecieted. Anything that you thought "hmmm would have been nice if someone mentioned that"

Thankyou to everyone in advance I know you will all be very helpful:smilieicon_ford::beerchug:

I see you drive a Ford so you shouldn't get stranded on your way to or from your destination.:d:beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can make it August 12-13-14 with Red Deer suds group, it would be a good time. Contact ( Larry ) " imdoo'n" he is setting it up. Sounds like it will be out west. There will be some real performers :rolleyes: ....lol. Not going to mention any names.....lol. ( Tex & Graham )
I'm also new to this, and you don't have to " Do as some do " you can go around the bad spots. Hope this helps you ! :)

woooo! i'm getting famous! If i do come out i'll be taking it easy. I will NOT be pulled out by a POlariS and really don't want to wreck something and end up like tex on this site

ABKTM

Reaction score
My girl is from Stettler, and we get back there at least once a month. I have no problem hauling my quad out there to ride with you (if you have some where to ride). If not, and you want to head up to Edmonton I could take you guys out to a few places that we ride here.

Jordan

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
My girl is from Stettler, and we get back there at least once a month. I have no problem hauling my quad out there to ride with you (if you have some where to ride). If not, and you want to head up to Edmonton I could take you guys out to a few places that we ride here.

Jordan

Not really anywhere around Stettler, that I can think of. But mainly interested in the West of Rocky area for tagging along. Thank you though and if we head up near Edmonton I'll be sure to contact you.:beer::)

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
woooo! i'm getting famous! If i do come out i'll be taking it easy. I will NOT be pulled out by a POlariS and really don't want to wreck something and end up like tex on this site

haaha, Ill hook on and try to pull you with the yammer. if that is any better to you:beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, graham is just embarrassed that that Brute either brakes down or gets stuck.....lol :)

never BREAKS down. but it does get stuck occasionally. only things to pull it out have been a kawi 360. a John Deere 544J Front end loader and a 2006 f150. all long stories

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

3.) For peace of mind

If you'd be up for day rides I still have a couple weekends in August and september so far that aren't booked. And I am sure there are a few more on here that would be able to go as well. Life gets busy and sometimes getting away for atleast a sunday ride or Saturday ride is better than nothing at all!:d

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
:beer:
If you'd be up for day rides I still have a couple weekends in August and september so far that aren't booked. And I am sure there are a few more on here that would be able to go as well. Life gets busy and sometimes getting away for atleast a sunday ride or Saturday ride is better than nothing at all!:d

Heck ya. can go with the 20th of august if your up for it. I assume your near rocky area.

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Darn PooPoo riders, think they run the world. :beer:

Darn "Another One" to add to the list, ok your added....lol :)
Tex 78
graham
quadboy55
We don't think we run anything :nono: .... Just listen to you guy's running down Po Po's :rolleyes:
But we can take it !

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Darn "Another One" to add to the list, ok your added....lol :)
Tex 78
graham
quadboy55
We don't think we run anything :nono: .... Just listen to you guy's running down Po Po's :rolleyes:
But we can take it !

I know!!! Cuz it's always in the shop!! Kawasaki's are left to run the show!! :d:beer::d:beer:

Sorry but you walked into that. Thanks for adding me to the list though, glad I could make the cut. :rolleyes:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh BTW I am in Red Deer but grew up 20 minutes east of Rocky. Used to hit the trails atleast 3X a month in the summer and usually atleast once a month in the winter, back in the day. :d Ok back in the day means 11+ years ago, man time flies when you don't have a quad to ride!! LOL

Top Bottom