Looking for Innisfail Xp 174 860 rider or owner!!!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it defiantly wasn't Marcel's old e tech I know the guy that rides it and the old 860 he used to have wasn't a 174

Marcel's sled before etec was a 174 with Split second 860.
I know the fella that bought it and then sold to fella down south last year.
It was copper with belt drive I installed ,extended case and Baker skid.
As soon as I find out I will PM you Fred .
I think Marcel knows the guy that has I now but not sure.
Might not hurt to get ahold of Marcel.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I have not heard any thing yet from anybody, when I had called marcell his first impression was, sounds like my old sled... The unknown guy had a baker skid in it and went to easy ride..

yes I have ridden with Cody and it's not him:D

sled is fixed for now, and will do rest in spring...had it in Revy for a few days, ran good... As for damage

replaced all bearings, track, hood, still have to repair chassie, and some electrical, and some minor welding on the skid, and numerous little things, did not use insurance and estimate 6 grand in parts with out my labor

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch thats a lot of coin but at least you are in the financial position that you could afford to put $6,000 into it and salvage the season. But saying that just because you can afford to fix it yourself in no way makes it ok for someone to smash your sled and then shirk the responsibility. I hope you find the guy one day on the hill at a cabin somewhere so you can go up to him and put your arm around him and be like oh hey remember me...The mountains are a small community someone will know him or you'll run into him down the road.

allrevsrule

Reaction score
Maybe someone could post the pic in the Boulder/Frisby cabin, lot of people are there and not on the internet. I would chip in for a finders fee because I know I can get it back double in beer from Fred ! And I am serious on finders fee because of principal !

blackspade800

Reaction score
Hi. I'm the cousin, not nephew, of the Innisfail XP 174 860 rider and owner. I was also there and watched the whole thing unfold. So I'm here to tell the other side of the story so no one jumps to any conclusions and start railroading him before hearing both sides of the story, because we know that no one does that. First off he trucks night and day and has no time to sit on snow and mud. It is a large network of people and he is well known so i heard from a buddy that a picture of my cousin was on snow and mud and Fred was trying to contact him. When i called my cousin he was actually at E-Zmoke's new job trying to find out what is going on. So you don't have to get your pitch forks and torches out to go and find him because he wasn't hiding. He is a better man than that. So Fred I'm not going to rewrite what you wrote because your not too far out to lunch, I will just touch on a few details, which I think are important. He never shown any interest in wanting to ride your sled until you offered it to him twice, he was more interested in what you all did to your sled. Now this I don't understand where you got if from but who spool's up a turbo going down a shoot? And pins it? NO ONE. That part is not even close to realistic. He came down no different than if it was his sled . Yes he hit the same bump that i saw your buddy hit on his XM and just about yard saled on his sled. With him hitting the second bump the riser went forward where he went over the handle bars. Now to quote a couple people, Glad no one got hurt or even killed. Yes, he did not wear the tether but you also said that you don't wear the tether either, very few people due. I know now that anytime my sled starts that the tether will be on just because this kind of **** happens and i don't want to get hurt. It only took a second for everything to go side ways. Now after we got your track back on and to the cabin, we did talk about coming over but we said " we have dinner reservations with family and friends ( because it was New Years eve ) we will try to get away and come down but i can't guarantee anything." On that note there was no info exchanged. When we got back we didn't have a whole lot of time so my cousin phoned Peak's three times, the last time he phoned he left a message saying "sorry we can't make it tonight but here is my name and number give me a call we can hook up in the morning for breakfast." but we never heard from you. So you can't come on here and throw him under the bus like everybody did. He doesn't deserve that he is a very honourable guy, I'm pretty sure he will or has been in contact with you about the situation. For the guy that wants to attack him about what he wears. REALLY…... let me guess you dress all in KLIM or MOTORFIST just like everyone else and don't have your own imagination, NO PERSONALITY, or NO STYLE, you probably ride the same way. Well I have said what I wanted to say. Fred I'm truly sorry about what happened to your sled that day, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's always nice to get the other side of the story!! I'm sure your cousin will come clean on the situation. If it were myself, I would have went out of my way to get in contact with Fred. That being said, when Fred didn't hear from your cousin (although he was trying to contact him) like any other human, Fred went into Flight or Fright mode and he was amped!!! Maybe coming to some false conclusions. Things will get resolved!! Cheers!!!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think that Fred tried to throw your cousin under the bus at all. If you read the whole thread from the beginning he never posted his account of the events until 10 days after the thread was started and not until people were asking what was going on and making assumptions. Regardless of whose account of events is entirely factual (I'm sure it's somewhere in the middle, usually is) one thing remains it was your cousin was the one operating that sled when it got damaged to the tune of $6K, that's not including the damage that was done to the motor from running upside down wide open for as long as it did.

Truthfully it shouldn't have been difficult to track Fred down. His sled is one of a kind, the chassis was built by c3 powersports, a quick call to them and I'm sure your cousin could have been put in touch with Fred. Hell if you explained your situation to Alex at the Peaks he certainly could have put you in touch with Fred too. Regardless he now has the opportunity to make things right with Fred. I'll PM you Fred's number hopefully you'll pass it on to him.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think that Fred tried to throw your cousin under the bus at all. If you read the whole thread from the beginning he never posted his account of the events until 10 days after the thread was started and not until people were asking what was going on and making assumptions. Regardless of whose account of events is entirely factual (I'm sure it's somewhere in the middle, usually is) one thing remains it was your cousin was the one operating that sled when it got damaged to the tune of $6K, that's not including the damage that was done to the motor from running upside down wide open for as long as it did.

Truthfully it shouldn't have been difficult to track Fred down. His sled is one of a kind, the chassis was built by c3 powersports, a quick call to them and I'm sure your cousin could have been put in touch with Fred. Hell if you explained your situation to Alex at the Peaks he certainly could have put you in touch with Fred too. Regardless he now has the opportunity to make things right with Fred. I'll PM you Fred's number hopefully you'll pass it on to him.

bingo. fred has a turbo full carbon fiber titanium sled from NASA. i dont think its about money and starting a fight. just wants to hear from the guy.

JDen

Reaction score
Fred told the light version of this story. When this sled up and took off it was super intense it didn't just do a couple doughnuts this thing was all over the place doing backflips rolls 360's you name it. I have never seen anything like it and it didn't just last 30seconds we are talking fully out of control WFO for several long min's zig zagging from side to side then finally landing upside down and when it was upside down nobody could get near the thing in fear it would just take off again (which it did several times before coming to rest) it was spitting out full 3" paddles and launching them like missiles at us. The bars were all the way forward and the kill switch was completely buried under the snow and damn near impossible to get. It was loud as **** and stunk really bad the combination of the 3" 174" track melting to the carbon fiber was like something I have never smelt before. Oh yeah and smoke? Yah crazy crazy series of events I tell you!

Sh*tty deal all around....BUT, if there is video of this somewhere, IT HAS TO BE POSTED!!

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will get worked out. I know none of the people involved but hope Fred will report that they have talked and have worked things out

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if I had dinner plans with the Queen I would of been at the peaks before Fred got there! I would of been having dinner with Fred making things right! Sounds like a crappy deal for both guys and hope it gets sorted out!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Blackspade800 How did the tunnel repair hold up on a side note to all other stuff?
I am sure all will be worked out to a satisfactory level and be very amicable between both parties.

Hi. I'm the cousin, not nephew, of the Innisfail XP 174 860 rider and owner. I was also there and watched the whole thing unfold. So I'm here to tell the other side of the story so no one jumps to any conclusions and start railroading him before hearing both sides of the story, because we know that no one does that. First off he trucks night and day and has no time to sit on snow and mud. It is a large network of people and he is well known so i heard from a buddy that a picture of my cousin was on snow and mud and Fred was trying to contact him. When i called my cousin he was actually at E-Zmoke's new job trying to find out what is going on. So you don't have to get your pitch forks and torches out to go and find him because he wasn't hiding. He is a better man than that. So Fred I'm not going to rewrite what you wrote because your not too far out to lunch, I will just touch on a few details, which I think are important. He never shown any interest in wanting to ride your sled until you offered it to him twice, he was more interested in what you all did to your sled. Now this I don't understand where you got if from but who spool's up a turbo going down a shoot? And pins it? NO ONE. That part is not even close to realistic. He came down no different than if it was his sled . Yes he hit the same bump that i saw your buddy hit on his XM and just about yard saled on his sled. With him hitting the second bump the riser went forward where he went over the handle bars. Now to quote a couple people, Glad no one got hurt or even killed. Yes, he did not wear the tether but you also said that you don't wear the tether either, very few people due. I know now that anytime my sled starts that the tether will be on just because this kind of **** happens and i don't want to get hurt. It only took a second for everything to go side ways. Now after we got your track back on and to the cabin, we did talk about coming over but we said " we have dinner reservations with family and friends ( because it was New Years eve ) we will try to get away and come down but i can't guarantee anything." On that note there was no info exchanged. When we got back we didn't have a whole lot of time so my cousin phoned Peak's three times, the last time he phoned he left a message saying "sorry we can't make it tonight but here is my name and number give me a call we can hook up in the morning for breakfast." but we never heard from you. So you can't come on here and throw him under the bus like everybody did. He doesn't deserve that he is a very honourable guy, I'm pretty sure he will or has been in contact with you about the situation. For the guy that wants to attack him about what he wears. REALLY…... let me guess you dress all in KLIM or MOTORFIST just like everyone else and don't have your own imagination, NO PERSONALITY, or NO STYLE, you probably ride the same way. Well I have said what I wanted to say. Fred I'm truly sorry about what happened to your sled that day, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whom ever is this "Mystery Guy from Innisfail" is, I just don't understand why you have not even attempted to contact FredW.. I ask you Blackspade800 if you took time to post your side of the unfortunate incident & watch this thread "Have you taken the time to contact your cousin"... With all due respect to FredW I hope you can make this happen! After all it's a small world!

Good Luck with outcome!

Cheers

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Dude, read the posts.......
People are busy and have lives.....
All will be well and worked out.
Do you know both parties involved?
settle down.....

Whom ever is this "Mystery Guy from Innisfail" is, I just don't understand why you have not even attempted to contact FredW.. I ask you Blackspade800 if you took time to post your side of the unfortunate incident & watch this thread "Have you taken the time to contact your cousin"... With all due respect to FredW I hope you can make this happen! After all it's a small world!

Good Luck with outcome!

Cheers

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes he called... The other day, and NO it never went the way it should of, I left it in his hands and are waiting for a call real soon before more info comes out about results

not real happy

JDen

Reaction score
Yes he called... The other day, and NO it never went the way it should of, I left it in his hands and are waiting for a call real soon before more info comes out about results

not real happy

At least he called, that's a start...We had a guy summer before last got rear ended on his outlander by some drunk guy in a Wildcat, flipped the quad a few times and smashed everything up, put buddy out of work for a few weeks(quad rolled over him as it all went down). We were to meet up back at the hall where the rally was held and mr Wildcat guy never showed and none of us have seen or heard from him since, it's a little irritating. And buddy is out about 2500 bucks plus had to shut one of his trucks down for a few weeks because he couldn't work. Hopefully you guys can get something worked out.

Top Bottom