Looking for Innisfail Xp 174 860 rider or owner!!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went riding on Tuesday dec 31st with a few guys at boulder, we had a blast on sugar bowl and met up with two other guys latter in the day, the gentleman at the time was around 50 years old, said he came from Innisfail and he had a 08 174 three inch Xp with a 860 ptec motor done up by splitsecond, he was a good rider...

i am looking to contact him if anyone might know him, he was there with his nephew and was staying at the sutton place hotel with his family

you can pm me or apply it here... We will apply the video latter of him, thanks

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picture of the guy on the far left with the Mohawk helmet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 692

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the story about this guy Fred. Sorry to hear about that. Hope you find this guy and get things sorted out.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Craziest ****tt I have ever seen!

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the story about you letting some guy you do not even know his name ride your crazy expensive sled? Lots to talk about there eh? Any lessons to pass on to the rest of us? Things that make you go.....Hmmmmmm

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that Fred let this guy take his uber expensive sled for a rip and the guy yard saled it, caused major damage, and then just left. Just a guess.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that Fred let this guy take his uber expensive sled for a rip and the guy yard saled it, caused major damage, and then just left. Just a guess.

This is the story I heard on the weekend at a cabin having lunch from someone who seen the whole thing! Crazy stuff!!!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's not nothing to be proud of and really thought the guy would come around with in time... I was wrong

meet him on the sugarbowl, latter in the day while we were climbing, he had tried three or four times to get over and got close, helped him once get unstuck then talking with him at the bottom for a while, he was planning on doing a build very similar to what I had and had lots of questions, said he was stalled doing it this year while he was busy working, said he was thinking TSS or aero and was shortly going to put order in with c3, think he said he was in charge of a construction crew and on a big job

His 860 ran well and said he did all the work himself, to the chassie ... he had a easy wheel skid in a three inch 174, belt drive

Prior to going back in the end of the day i new he was interested in trying the aero ( gave no alarm to me not to allow him) then took mine up, he climbed a nice shoot and on the way down I understand he wanted to see how quick it would spool up, and pinned it, it spooled quick and he was comming down much quicker than we all did, hit a hole at the bottom that we all went threw, but with his extra speed he had hit it harder and went over the bars, he must of went over very hard because it forced my riser as far up as it could go, and even bent steering post forwards, he came over cf hood and cracked it up fairly good

sad thing was he did not have the teather on, with riser that far forward it tighten up throttle cable and we had a runaway sled

Sled did some real wild donuts on the hill and fliped over on its took... While sled was flipped and pined over track ran off rear wheels then ran at a angle and destroyed track paddles quickly, did some damage to cf chassie near the back

when sled finally quit we checked it out and it was quick to see what happen, the unknown guy felt terrible and gave a hand getting track back on, said he would meet us at peeks motel after to run threw damage and settle things, and he never showed up!!!

so yes it's my fault, for allowing him on it.....

sad thing is I have let guys try my sleds out for 30 years and never have had something like this happen, and if something small did happen, it was taken care of quick...I have always appreciated rider comments and strive to make my machine better( riders would have to be someone that I would think could ride decent and give honourable feedback)

i have also ridden many other sleds and makes, it gives me a good feel on what I like and not like, but if ever something like this would of happen to myself, I would be the first to make right.... As well the guys I hang with.... Like a unwritten rule

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow brutal... That's extremely cold of the guy to leave you hanging. Fellow sledders just aren't what they used to be. I hope you find the guy who is responsible.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow sounds like a crazy incident. I know myself when I jump on others machine the first thing that rolls through my head is, do I have funds to fix it if it goes boom. Couldn't agree with your last comments Fred, I have always thought of it as a unwritten rule as well. Takes a small person to own up to it and leave you hanging with some hope of him repairing the damages caused.

but as I always fix my damaged junk and say... Build it bigger, stronger, & faster for the next rip!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch! Sorry to hear Fred. Thats a crappy situation to be in on both sides. But if it were me I would be making it right with you. It sucks, but it would be the right thing to do.

Ive had a chance to take some big dollar sleds up some steep stuff and have politely declined for exactly this reason.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a one time dealer in this sport I honestly feel sorry for you Fred. I cannot count how many times over the years customers brought in damaged sleds after borrowing to a buddy or letting someone try it out. Probably a third of the time the customer paid out of his own pocket because his buddy had no money or didn't feel obligated to pay for whatever reason. Its a new world out there folks. When I sold my dealership I bought myself a Shelby as a gift to myself for 25 years in the retail business and still sane. Lots of peeps want me to let them try it out and my response is.....if you wanna drive a Shelby, buy your own. Thats what I did. Good luck finding the guy but I'm pretty sure he ain't the paying type.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that this happened I know a few in the area that meet the description I can't see them pulling that kind of BS though but I will do some investigating

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's not give up on the guy just yet...I had some pretty good conversations with the guy and I like to think I'm a pretty good judge in character. This truly was an accident I seen the whole thing unfold and I was one of the first to speak to the guy afterwards. He felt absolutely horrible about the incident and was completely blown away with what had taken place. He was a good rider, we had been riding with the guy all afternoon. He did tell us his name and where he worked but it was forgotten by all. He stuck around afterwards and was very helpful as we put Fred's sled back together so he could ride it out. We all rode out together and then examined the sled at the cabin again and then it was getting dark and we went out separate ways. It is very unfortunate he never showed up at the peaks as they had planned. However it was New Year's Eve I believe? And he was in town with his wife and children, it is a small sledding world and word of mouth gets around pretty quick. Not only that but I'm sure the guy has a conscious and he may not know how to contact Fred right now either? I'm sure with a little more time he will come fourth and the two can work out the fine details.

I think the lesson here to be learned is A: have an agreement with the person before hand even though it's kind of an unwritten rule you break it you buy it we all have had to pay up somewhere along the lines...
B: this whole thing could have been prevented by attaching the little cord that was dangling from the bars. I'm blown away with how many people don't wear their tether. We are very lucky nobody was killed or seriously hurt.

Fred told the light version of this story. When this sled up and took off it was super intense it didn't just do a couple doughnuts this thing was all over the place doing backflips rolls 360's you name it. I have never seen anything like it and it didn't just last 30seconds we are talking fully out of control WFO for several long min's zig zagging from side to side then finally landing upside down and when it was upside down nobody could get near the thing in fear it would just take off again (which it did several times before coming to rest) it was spitting out full 3" paddles and launching them like missiles at us. The bars were all the way forward and the kill switch was completely buried under the snow and damn near impossible to get. It was loud as **** and stunk really bad the combination of the 3" 174" track melting to the carbon fiber was like something I have never smelt before. Oh yeah and smoke? Yah crazy crazy series of events I tell you! Again my apologies Fred but let's just be thankful nobody was hurt we can replace sled parts all day long but body parts can't be replaced. Hope to see you back out their again soon.

Fred is a really decent guy and if anybody knows the guy in the picture just get these two guys in contact and I'm sure something can easily be worked out.

Top Bottom