Looking for info

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a custom mountain machine built, but have no idea what the costs are. I would like the M chasis but not to sure of what motor to put in it, something with AT Least 200 HP without a turbo but must have nitrice. Im thinking that if I continue to pour money into my M8 in the long run it may be cheaper to get a custom sled with massive power right off the bat. Am I wrong here? Any comments would be appreciated.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a thought,there are some very good deals south of the border on Turboes.Fourteen or fifteen grand and you ready to ride.Lots of Apexs now that everyone wants a Nytro!And from what I understand is they last a long time,Or talk to Ron about How he has gone to the darkside(yamaha)didnt take much more than a ride for him.I prefer 2 strokes as well but the times they are a changing!
catmando!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself i'll be TWO STROKE til I die!!!! However yes times are a changing, im workin on changing myself;)

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to see Deano see you started hanging around the BigDawg and look at your self four stroke turbo on the brain LMFAO

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a custom mountain machine built, but have no idea what the costs are. I would like the M chasis but not to sure of what motor to put in it, something with AT Least 200 HP without a turbo but must have nitrice. Im thinking that if I continue to pour money into my M8 in the long run it may be cheaper to get a custom sled with massive power right off the bat. Am I wrong here? Any comments would be appreciated.

Costs are whatever you make it
Never settle for at least or you will having this same problem in no time.
Is that 200 on the button
The words custom sled[Mod] and CHEAPER cannot be used in the same sentence.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to see Deano see you started hanging around the BigDawg and look at your self four stroke turbo on the brain LMFAO

Your right spit it out yuck!!! Turbos taste TERRIBLE what was i thinkin. Set a budget or LINE OF CREDIT:D and lets get to it!!!!;)

mtndoctor

Reaction score
m1000, Terra Alps Racing 1200 kit, 200hp pump gas with a Terra Alps tunnel/chassis kit check out there site stuff they build is pretty wild.

Link removed, please see links section under performance mods to find link to site

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costs are whatever you make it
Never settle for at least or you will having this same problem in no time.
Is that 200 on the button
The words custom sled[Mod] and CHEAPER cannot be used in the same sentence.

No its not strictly 200 but thats where i want the minimum and what I meant about cheaper I guess i should say more wisely spent money. Ex. A $20000 M8 (that includes purchasing the sled stock) or a $20000 custom which would probably blow the doors off the M8.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you got 20,000.00 into the m8 now. Whats your dislike for turbos. Lots of tapex's out there right now that will fit your h.p. needs. Sounds like you need a M1000 piped and gassed. Or big bore the 8 and gas it. I dont think you can find a qaulity custom 1 off 200 h.p. sled for 20,000.00.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you got 20,000.00 into the m8 now. Whats your dislike for turbos. Lots of tapex's out there right now that will fit your h.p. needs. Sounds like you need a M1000 piped and gassed. Or big bore the 8 and gas it. I dont think you can find a qaulity custom 1 off 200 h.p. sled for 20,000.00.

Including the purchase of the sled and with the mods i have done already i sit at about 15,200.00 invested, so not 20,000 yet but could easily be achieved. I've heard enough complaints about the unreliability and all the tinkering you must do when you turbo a sled, I dont want to give up to much reliability as that is most important to me, there's nothing worse than dropping into a bowl and your sled beaks down. I'll look into the big bore kits.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want an out of the box tricked out mountain sled check out CMX Crazy Mountain Extreme. Great sleds and are very light!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big bore's work well. The D&D 1200 kit is about 220hp w/o button if i'm not mistaken.. And I've built a couple of custom M's this year and about to start on another one here next week.. There are several different options for you.. Do you want to work from what you have or start with an M1000.. Because the engine mounting is different for the 800 to 1000.. the mag side engine mounts are quite abit different.. The turbo 2strokes are fine reliability wise, they do require more maintanance though.. Just talk to mrcoops, he's got an M7 on boost and as well as his buddy jeff with M1000t.. They both work well, but require a larger budget to run. Because you need to run race gas.. And The apex's with superchargers you need to run a mix of race gas and premium. As a guy that was in the shop said his buddy found out.. The yrun both their machines at 10lbs boost asd one took out the motor due to detonation.. the way around running race/prem gas mix is to put different rods and pistons in it.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big bore's work well. The D&D 1200 kit is about 220hp w/o button if i'm not mistaken.. And I've built a couple of custom M's this year and about to start on another one here next week.. There are several different options for you.. Do you want to work from what you have or start with an M1000.. Because the engine mounting is different for the 800 to 1000.. the mag side engine mounts are quite abit different.. The turbo 2strokes are fine reliability wise, they do require more maintanance though.. Just talk to mrcoops, he's got an M7 on boost and as well as his buddy jeff with M1000t.. They both work well, but require a larger budget to run. Because you need to run race gas.. And The apex's with superchargers you need to run a mix of race gas and premium. As a guy that was in the shop said his buddy found out.. The yrun both their machines at 10lbs boost asd one took out the motor due to detonation.. the way around running race/prem gas mix is to put different rods and pistons in it.

What do these modded sleds you build cost approx. say a M8 from the ground up w/ a turbo, starting from scratch. I realize there is many options that can make prices fluctuate but you must be able to give me a ballpark figure or an average atleast 20, 30, 40 thousand???? I'm trying to figure it out if its worth it to start from scratch and get EXACTLY what i want or add on to my existing sled which in the end wont be exactly what i want. Im having a very difficult time trying to get a ballpark figure from anyone!!!

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glengine, I've been reading up on the aerocharger II, sounds like this turbo takes the cake compared to boondocker.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rucky I still havn't got this stuff figured out. I was wanting to do that, now as long as you are on here I don't have to worry about it!....thanks again!:D

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do these modded sleds you build cost approx. say a M8 from the ground up w/ a turbo, starting from scratch. I realize there is many options that can make prices fluctuate but you must be able to give me a ballpark figure or an average atleast 20, 30, 40 thousand???? I'm trying to figure it out if its worth it to start from scratch and get EXACTLY what i want or add on to my existing sled which in the end wont be exactly what i want. Im having a very difficult time trying to get a ballpark figure from anyone!!!

Yah i understand what your saying, but it is tough.. You can build an M1000 that runs anywhere from 20-70G incl/orig sled price. It all depends on how far you want to take it.. The best would be to stop by the shop and sit down and figure out what your main things that you are looking for and then go from there..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glengine, I've been reading up on the aerocharger II, sounds like this turbo takes the cake compared to boondocker.

Oh man these turbo kits are so sweet and simple.. And the best part of it all is the fact that it's a really clean and sweet lookin install. Also they are way lighter and less compicated than the boondocker system's..

Top Bottom