Looking for female riding "buddies" this season...

*xo*

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things are really good...I am sure lots has changed since we seen eachother last lol..
But last year I bought a quad so we should definitely get together and go riding...not sure but I think we are putting the sleds away for the season :( oh well there is always next year!!
How about you...how are things?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things are really good...I am sure lots has changed since we seen eachother last lol..
But last year I bought a quad so we should definitely get together and go riding...not sure but I think we are putting the sleds away for the season :( oh well there is always next year!!
How about you...how are things?

Yeah for sure! Thanks to FB i'm pretty aware of the crowd you're rollin/ridin with these days lol (yeah I am a creeper! haha) haven't seen any of you in a long time now that i moved from the Fort. You will definitley have to let me know when your headin out! I try to go as often as possible :) you guys prob hit up Bruderslime quite often hey?

*xo*

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hah good ole fb!
I would like to go more this year for sure... we rode last year but not as much as I would have like to..
We sometimes ride bruderheim/redwater...
we have gone to brule a couple times and I want to go down by nordegg this year too...
We just bought a trailer so I definitely want to do more camping :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
SLEDBUNNYRACING RIDES LIKE A GIRL, I'D BET HE'S AVAILABLE :eek:......... HE HAS HAD TO WEAR THE DRESS MOST OF THE TIME WHEN HE'S RIDING;)

Attachments

• SBR.jpg
    SBR.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 276

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hah good ole fb!
I would like to go more this year for sure... we rode last year but not as much as I would have like to..
We sometimes ride bruderheim/redwater...
we have gone to brule a couple times and I want to go down by nordegg this year too...
We just bought a trailer so I definitely want to do more camping :)

Awesome, well I got good news for you.... my Dad owns/operates a resort with log style cabins in Nordegg! It is called Coliseum Mountain Resort..I go up there quite a bit in the summer to ride..usually we gather up a group and go. Make sure to let me know when your headed up, you can arrange to stay there or if your camping in the area we can try to meet up!

We go to Brule 1-2 times a year annually, although I am quite bored of riding there is usually about 20 of us that head up and party and ride for a weekend so its a lot of fun. We would like to do a camping trip to McLean/Kananaskis to ride this year and we went to Long Island Lake last year and that was awesome riding! If I recall you were into the sport quads right? What did you end up buying for your newest ride? We will definitley hook up this year Karolyn I can't wait :)

*xo*

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya we are usually at brule maylong and sometimes september long for the last two years...
I have never been to nordegg quading before but I have heard its fun...
With having the travel trailer I plan on getting out loots this year.!!

I bought a 2009 Raptor 700 and put a full exhaust system and a chip in it... she goes lol....

I am looking forward to riding with you we will have a blast....ill pm you my celly number and we can keep in contact..

Airborne30

Reaction score
Hey, would ya be willing to ride with a two-stroke? RM250 gal here working in Edmonton. Makes for a long weekend not riding.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You betcha Honda, don't hesitate to contact me.. i'm on here quite a bit anyway and the snow will melt soon enough! Some tracks are already open :) We're thinkin about a Brule trip in April, but anywhere where there is sand will be the common spots this spring as it is better then the mucky stuff :S

Hell ya! Brule in April sounds great!lol! Well I'm hoping to be up and running by the end of this week and I'm also looking for people to ride with as I'm reasonably new in town. Here is a pic of my ride!
S6302292.jpg
More the merrier! Let me know.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would definitely be in to go for a ride! Its nice to know girls that ride too! :beer:
I actually looked back at a couple posts a while ago and saw pics of you and your hunny lady dirt....you might remember me but I used to work at canadian tire with you...waaay back when hah.

Hey how long ago did u and LadyDirt work at crappy tire? I also used to work there in ft sask! lol We just bought a quad last year and we sometimes go out to bruderheim/redwater! Im hopin to find a bike this year to. We just bought a brand new trailer next week so we r going camping either to Vega or Chump next weekend camping and riding!

*xo*

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey how long ago did u and LadyDirt work at crappy tire?

Loooong time ago like atleast 6 years I think?!?!

Hey, would ya be willing to ride with a two-stroke? RM250 gal here working in Edmonton. Makes for a long weekend not riding.

As long as you have something to ride we are willing... 4 stroke or 2, quad or bike it will be a blast!:beer:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As long as you have something to ride we are willing... 4 stroke or 2, quad or bike it will be a blast!:beer:

if the 4 of us meet up we're 2quads 2bikes lol :) fair game then

*xo*

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ahhh ok! I worked there like 4years ago probably! Prob dealt with same managers and bullsh*t! lol R u from the fort?

hah yeah I don't think they have ever had any different managers since the place opened....

Yup born and raised! **minus a couple years I lived on an acreage in ardrossan.:cool:

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old lady ride a KTM144. she knows the redwater and vega areas REALLY well. im trying to get her to expand her circle of riding friends. ladyDirt, we have a pretty badass practice track in sherwood park if you and your dude are interested in spinnin some laps once the ground isnt so nasty and muddy. PM me if you want

Johnny

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! Sounds like we got some great potential female riding partners! Ladies, we will all have to try and hook up for a ride sometime hopefully soon! :)

KTM, thanks for the offer..sounds good to me! I can't wait to get my KTM out on the track this season, I didn't get to take it to the track last season because I didn't have it up and running until October. I had my YZ out at the tracks lots though... but I can already feel that the KTM is gonna be better ;) I will have to come try out your little track for some practice!

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its only 7 acres, but this little track isnt all that little. there's a 50 foot gap jump and a couple table tops. some nice big berm corners too. mid may is when i figure i can finish the track. im hoping the ground will be dry enough to get the babcat rollin. I plan on a rythem section and another pretty big double as well as a 12 piece whoop section.

your KTM will fit right in! hahaha.

i think i read some of your posts saying you wanted to race this season. ahev you taken a look at the AOTMX? they arent all that serious and hardcore about their racing and they are really just about having some fun. They run a ladies A and B class. Amber, (my sweet hot baby) raced in the B class for her first (and only) time racing at the end of last season. she had a wild time! They raced their year-end race at antler lake. what an amazing track.

Johnny

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its only 7 acres, but this little track isnt all that little. there's a 50 foot gap jump and a couple table tops. some nice big berm corners too. mid may is when i figure i can finish the track. im hoping the ground will be dry enough to get the babcat rollin. I plan on a rythem section and another pretty big double as well as a 12 piece whoop section.

your KTM will fit right in! hahaha.

i think i read some of your posts saying you wanted to race this season. ahev you taken a look at the AOTMX? they arent all that serious and hardcore about their racing and they are really just about having some fun. They run a ladies A and B class. Amber, (my sweet hot baby) raced in the B class for her first (and only) time racing at the end of last season. she had a wild time! They raced their year-end race at antler lake. what an amazing track.

Johnny

Sweet well for sure let me know when it is done I'd love to come check it out!

I was interested in looking into racing but I am just not too sure yet, I definitely wouldn't want to do anything serious as I really don't want to put the wear and tear on my bike but I just wanted to work up the courage to try it at least once.. even like a harescramble race or something. I feel that I am at the level where I need to challenge myself more now that I am getting pretty comfortable on a bike. I am definitely challenging myself lots on the trails, bigger hill climbs taking more risks, etc but this year my BF wants to see me hit a double on a track, and I just started jumping at the beginning of last season, i love hitting jumps now but I am afraid of doubles, I love tabletops and I cleared one last season but I defintley need more practice on a track!

Are you going to post some pictures of your 'sweet hot baby' on her 'sweet hot bike'??? I dont know any other girl that rides a KTM bike, and I got mine to be "different' I ride with a few girls that ride KX 100's...so I didn't buy one. I love my KTM :) I just pulled it out yesterday and got her all ready for the season..changed the oil and waht not then took it for a rip up and down the alley a couple times... forgot how much power it had and got a little throttle thristy right off the bat and nearly got bucked off but I managed to hold on for dear life...haha. I am excited now, we are going to try to go hit up some sand pits this weekend :)

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny you should say something about being different.

Being a KTM owner yourself, you must also suffer from "Orange Lust" as I do. However, 2 summers ago Amber and I were riding a track in vegreville and met up with a fellow who had blue anodized rims on his KX-F's. Amber thought that was soooooo good looking. when she got her KTM she mentioned in passing how she'd LOOOOVE if her bike had green rims and white plastics.

So, being as awesome a boyfriend as a beautiful lady like her could ever want, I figured as a christmas present i would give her what she wanted. What i DIDNT know was that white plastics are very hard to find. or at least were hard for ME to find. and finding anodized rims in any color other than black or orange is near impossible for this bike.

I was not about to let these roadblocks get in the way of my sweet hot baby's best christmas present EVER!!! her bike also needed some work done. it is only a 2007 KTM144sx, but she used it good last summer.

Heres what i did:

- Tore down bike to the nuts and dirty bolts!
- hand cleaned every piece.
- Swapped out her bent subframe for a new one. No more crooked ass-end of her dirty bike (wow, expensive! never thought...)
- New rear tire
- replaced her top end, thank god for 2-strokes!

My plan was to get her frame and wheels powdercoated, but due to a rubber piece in the frame that cannot be removed, baking was not an option. PAINT IT IS!!!!

- prepped frame, rims, bars, engine covers for 'Kawisaki Green' and the spokes for white
- Got white plastics kit and custom graphics form DeCal Works in the states.
- New grips, new fluids

i didnt complete the bike for christmas, but i got it far enough that she could see what i was trying to do. This was a HUGE project. Alot of fun, and definately worth the extreme amount of money spent to make her bike totaly unique.

how else am i supposed to make it in the "behing every good woman..." thread?

Johnny

P.S. her bike only needs a new stiffer rear spring and the fork seals changed and it'll be all done and ready for her to break-in the new top end.

Top Bottom