Looking for feedback on an issue with a 07 XRS

JONESIN4SNOW

Reaction score
check your dpm lines get a clutch kit and carry a rubber mallot with you to knock the ice out of the tunnel , this robs huge power on bumpy climbs and make sure the carb heat is of unless its 20 below or more

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is from last year, I give this out to new 800R owners [2007]

Problems...800R
I like to mention that i've had many emails of problems in the primary clutch with the tra lever rollers sticking - I search out this problem myself and see with my own eyes. I ended up taking a clutch apart and sticking it in an oven, heating the clutch to 160 degrees and try to simulate hot operating clutch condition.

As heat is generated in the clutch, the tra lever material grows and starts to put the squeeze on the washers and rollers; This would cause the roller to seize and skid along the tra ramp. Everything fine on a cold clutch - its when the clutches get warm then hot, that's when the problem starts to reveal itself.
Taking the roller/washer assembly out, my friend lightly sanded in between the area of the fork of the tra lever and install new parts again and no more problem. Roller runs freely.

Another issue is the TRA lever is sticking down at the hinge/fastener area. With engine off, by hand, you can slowly rotate the primary and hear each arm fall to touch the tra ramp. Rotate the clutch fully around and should reveal 3-ticks hearing the arm touching the tra ramp.
If you do not hear each of the 3 arms touch their respective ramp then could be in for an arm that sticks when the clutch is hot and cause rpms drift high/lower. Everything fine on a cold clutch - its when the clutches get warm then hot, that's when the problem starts to reveal itself with rpms that hunt up and down - even on a flatland ride in deep snow. Everything fine on a cold clutch - its when the clutches get warm then hot, that's when the problem starts to reveal itself.

I have had customers open up their secondary and say they had one or two rollers that were stuck or seizing up....They get new rollers from the dealer and cannot install on the shaft. Remove a roller from a 2006 model and the rollers easily fit.
The quesion is - Is this tight fit from the 07 shaft being too large diameter? ...or from the roller hole diameter being too small?....Because a "used 2006 roller" fits fine.

This all before a clutch kit.

Some 800R reveal hunting rpms overrev and underrev - Sticking rollers whether primary or secondary will cause excessive rpms upon acceleration and low rpms when in heavy loads.
The clutch will be stalled on upshift due to skidding rollers and cause high rpms and then upon the driver letting off the throttle, the roller sticks [pri or sec] and tries to maintain its higher ratio, you cycle the throttle and engine rpms are low and difficult to recover because the rolling elements do not roll..

Other problems...BRP# tech bulletin #2006-12
The ECM Connector socket has been known to take on water with the position the box is sitting in.
Disconnect and remove the plug and check for water entry.
It is recommended with di-electric grease to be installed in the plug.

Other problems...
People have been using synthetic or synthetic blend injection oil. Straying away from BRP recommended ash oil can cause the rave valves to stick either wide open to cause rpms loss when cycling the throttle or will stick closed upon engine cooling to also cause low rpms.
Use the recommended BRP oil to eliminate this as a problem

Some people have had to sand their rave valves to keep them from sticking, new valves are going to show up on the 08 models.

Problems with the rave hoses leaking and the rave solenoid actuator has an update, new one on the 08 models.

The latest bulletin is campaign 2007-0004
No. 2007-5
Update sliding half bushing
replace rollers with new bushing material
replace spring cap

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feeling your pain also, I have a 159 xrs and had those issues last year it was the the rave valves sticking no coating left on them this was trip 7 to the dealer at the same time rollers were also sticking put second set in all under warrenty. Sled had more riding in the truck than on the trail and no better this year. First trip to renshaw 2nd crank at km 6 and was with 3 other guys and had to walk back to the truck. Put a slp head 13.1 -1 ratio jaws can reeds opened air box op rejetted big wheel kit drilled track new primary and secondary parts from h20 in sicamous lower gearing, all this just to keep up to my 03 151 800. Going back to valemont on saturday and if it does not work ther will be a new set of skis under this boy. Not mad at the dealer Toni at ecko is awsome.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you make out on since you have been riding your sled more. I am very digusted with my 07 XRS. My old 98 670 X goes everywhere I go.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm on my second motor it blew up with only 330 miles on it, but after it was rebuilt it been all good. the only time it bogged for me was this x-mas at allen creek and all i did was put 2 ounces of alcohol and it ran great think i have about 1100 miles now.

Top Bottom