07 XRS Resurrection Short Block + 860

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So the summer is rolling around and time for me to bring the XRS back to life. Currently what i have is a 07 800R with a cracked case but everything else seems to be ok, i also have no Fawking idea what bolts are from where or what or who or why cause Bow Cycle South decided to rip it apart then just throw everything into a tupperware container... (they stripped it down to see if i could get warranty on the motor, unfortunately it just ended up costing me a bunch of money for someone to make a mess of everything!) So what i have is NOTHING! not sure if i can get any $ for the jugs or the crank but would be nice, maybe someone needs motor fasteners :p

I need to find a place that's selling 800R short blocks for a decent price, also will be requiring an RK-TEK 860 BB kit, there is on place in Edson called (Riders) that has both and would even install the kit on the shortblock for me (for a cost of course). All the work needed to put the motor in the sled and everything else i will do, just need the parts!!! So heres a break down of what i know so far.

800R Short Block for 07 motor mounts - $1,769.00
Core Charge (since my case is done) - $700.00
RK-TEK 860 BB - $3,300.00
860 Install (3.5hrs) - $350.00
Total - $6,119.00

Also the guy that i was talking to (Justin) frequently visits Red Deer so he could meet me there with it and i could drive up from Calgary to pick it up.

I also talked with Kelsey from RK-TEK about him buying a new motor down there and installing the 860 at his shop, short block was about the same but his kit was about 50% cheaper, then i would need to worry about shipping and all that junk...

Really im just trying to find the best way to get a motor back in my sled but would really like an 860. Im not set on a RK 860 kit but have heard great things, also Kelsey is a great dood and very helpful. I might give him a call back and see if we can work something out if i get him to buy a motor and do it for me.

Would be nice to have a pump gas kit as well, not even sure if the RK-Tek kit is pump gas?

Any thoughts or ideas anything at all would be greatly appreciated !!! still lots of time this summer for the revival but want to get a head start on parts!

Thanks in advance !

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya my bottom end is good still [ lost a ring loctaing pin on the mcb's i had in there ] so she's down now for the summer..... want to keep it reliable but have heard many problems with rktech doing the same thing [ locating pins falling out and fuging stuff ]...

so i'm on the bench now..... i liked the mcb's i put in but.......

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
moved to snowmobile chat, higher traffic and it's about what to buy and where to by so not really modding yet :p

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how did ya doo ther xrs????????????

got mine apart and it was the crank.... was going to 860 it but that cuts into the trips fund.... stock it is

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how did ya doo ther xrs????????????

got mine apart and it was the crank.... was going to 860 it but that cuts into the trips fund.... stock it is

shheeet tex ya can hardly ride the 600 now what the f ya want a 800 or an 860 for.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet tex ya can hardly ride the 600 now what the f ya want a 800 or an 860 for.
Huh Larry. If I recall right I was leading the pack down and was first. Then some azzhat went into a creek crossing that was 2 speed wide. So then I ask who needs a 600.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can supply you with the parts you require and my price on the rktek stuff is alot better than that.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh Larry. If I recall right I was leading the pack down and was first. Then some azzhat went into a creek crossing that was 2 speed wide. So then I ask who needs a 600.

as i recall ya screwed the trail up and left me with nothin but a hole ya big turkey, and then i decided to go fishin instead, seems every time you lead you f ^p the trail sleddin or quaddin, then no one can get through, you are relegated to the back of the line.

Last edited:
Top Bottom