07 XRS Resurrection, Need Short Block + 860

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that was the case until I went to pay my bill for my shortblock last night and it was the $2400 + the $700 core. I've since check the prices at Bow Cycle (~$3000 + $700 Core) and at Riderz (~$2400 + $700 Core).

Has anyone actually paid less than $2000 for a shortblock this season?

Doo does not list pricing for a complete shortblock on their website. Maybe so that each dealer can set their own pricing and rip you off individually? $600 price difference from dealer to dealer

Buddy had his replaced, it was over $2K for the shortblock. Sent you a PM on what dealer because it took them 3 tries to get it running correctly. Lots of wasted riding time.

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3000 for a shortblock at BOW?

thats 1200-1300 more than ive ever paid

Before we start the lynch mob I'm not entirely sure the person I talked to had a real great grasp on what I was asking although I did ask if the 29 and change included the $700 core charge twice and was told no twice.

As far as being $1300 cheaper it must be nice getting your parts at cost or below cost. ;)

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a new short block do you get an engine warranty with that?

If you buy it from the states does the warranty still count, shouldn't matter where it is if it's a BRP product.

More than likely a BB kit would void any warranty if it even had one too im guessing...

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a new short block do you get an engine warranty with that?

If you buy it from the states does the warranty still count, shouldn't matter where it is if it's a BRP product.

More than likely a BB kit would void any warranty if it even had one too im guessing...

If you get the shortblock installed at a dealer you get a 1 year warranty on it. Dealers are charging around 6 hours to do a swap on an XP. A REV may be a little quicker.

I'm pretty certain the BB would void your warranty. I guess it depends on how good of a dealer you have. :d:d

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that was the case until I went to pay my bill for my shortblock last night and it was the $2400 + the $700 core. I've since check the prices at Bow Cycle (~$3000 + $700 Core) and at Riderz (~$2400 + $700 Core).

Has anyone actually paid less than $2000 for a shortblock this season?

Yup quite abit less:d

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just phoned Mr. R's in Lethbridge and was told that there is different pricing depending on the year. This is new to me and must have changed in the last year. They told me the 07'-08' shortblocks are $2375 plus core and the 09'-10' shortblocks are $1910 plus core. Corey is not sure why there is a difference. Perhaps BRP lost money on engines those 2 years so they are trying to recoup? Who knows.:nono:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just phoned Mr. R's in Lethbridge and was told that there is different pricing depending on the year. This is new to me and must have changed in the last year. They told me the 07'-08' shortblocks are $2375 plus core and the 09'-10' shortblocks are $1910 plus core. Corey is not sure why there is a difference. Perhaps BRP lost money on engines those 2 years so they are trying to recoup? Who knows.:nono:

Perhaps it's because it's an out of production engine for BRP. As I understand it the crank stub on the mag side is shorter so a 09, 10 engine won't accept a 07, 08 stator and other electricals. It would be interesting to see what the price of an 800 H.O. SB is comparatively.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would weld the crank on the 860. Had two go out of phase, welded the last one and has since been good.

Top Bottom