lookin for some modification ideas

Hako-Oja

Reaction score
i have a 1980 arctic cat jag 3000. i just rebuilt the motor but am looking to get a little more power from it. any ideas??

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one way back in the day and there was a dual carb upgrade available I believe. Never did it myself though.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 1980 arctic cat jag 3000. i just rebuilt the motor but am looking to get a little more power from it. any ideas??

Don't mod this machine. The power gains that you get aren't worth the money that you will spend. These are older engines with little room for power gains. I would recommend that you restore the sled to as near to OEM as possible and save it for those days that you can run it on a well groomed trail as a vintage sled. If this machine is in good shape you would be wise to take my advice and preserve this machine. OLD IRON will be sought after.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mod this machine. The power gains that you get aren't worth the money that you will spend. These are older engines with little room for power gains. I would recommend that you restore the sled to as near to OEM as possible and save it for those days that you can run it on a well groomed trail as a vintage sled. If this machine is in good shape you would be wise to take my advice and preserve this machine. OLD IRON will be sought after.

What pipes said. Restore or preserve the tiny gains for the money spent are not worth it:d:d:d

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shave the head, port and polish,put the juice on it and maybe a turbo. if you go in snow deeper than two inches put a custom tunnel and a 174 track in it. boss seat, titanium parts all around and maybe carbon fiber chassis. if that doesnt work ride a horse!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What pipes said.

X2 - keep in mind that thing is almost 30 yrs old, its already a vintage sled - don't screw with it or you will just blow it up and then have nothing.

If you want more power, buy a newer sled.

Top Bottom