Look What Maxwell made Rasmussen DOO!!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The xm is the only technical riding specific sled on the market. Why on earth wouldn't you want to be a part of developing that. Especially the turbo applications regardless of money. And besides how often do you turn down raises? Lol fawk. I would bet he's not getting paid anymore than cat but its going to give him more opportunity. If he can make a fat cat dance imagine the possibilities on a sled built for his specific style of riding? This is the future ladies.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Seriously?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about the pro is mountain riding specific?

seriously?

the underpowered engine?

the track that lacks traction?

serious question. how is it set apart from a stretched trail sled?

oh wait it must be the burandt accessories. windhield bags etc.

Oh okay they changed the P to an M. The M means mountain which means it's the best mountain sled. Don't worry the chassis from 2008 is cutting edge. Guess some people are impressed with "redesigned plastic".

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh okay they changed the P to an M. The M means mountain which means it's the best mountain sled. Don't worry the chassis from 2008 is cutting edge. Guess some people are impressed with "redesigned plastic".

One day you will be ready to ditch the little girls sled and come play with the big boys on there skidoo xms.

Hehehe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about the pro is mountain riding specific?

seriously?

the underpowered engine?

the track that lacks traction?

serious question. how is it set apart from a stretched trail sled?

oh wait it must be the burandt accessories. windhield bags etc.

The pro rmk chassis started out as a mountain sled then shortened for trail riding. besides since when to trail riders care about flickable'ness and weight??

-Polaris has been pushing for a lighter sled which is essential for mountain riding.
-lightweight parts
-bigger holes in running boards for boot traction and snow clean out, specifically for the mountain riding.
-shorter seat, for swinging your leg over, big part of mountain riding.
-higher bars, for mountain riding.
-belt drive, lighter and less rotating mass.

Doo has what? A new fancy sidehilling skid? Don't get me wrong it's a good idea. But isn't this their for mountain specific mod? Didn't owners of previous years of doos have to install a S36 kit to make them worthwhile in the handling department for sidehilling and carving? Kinda a step backwards for mountain specific mods. With Burandt teamed up
With Polaris, every year the pro rmk will get more mountain specific.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pro rmk chassis started out as a mountain sled then shortened for trail riding. besides since when to trail riders care about flickable'ness and weight??

-Polaris has been pushing for a lighter sled which is essential for mountain riding.
-lightweight parts
-bigger holes in running boards for boot traction and snow clean out, specifically for the mountain riding.
-shorter seat, for swinging your leg over, big part of mountain riding.
-higher bars, for mountain riding.
-belt drive, lighter and less rotating mass.

Doo has what? A new fancy sidehilling skid? Don't get me wrong it's a good idea. But isn't this their for mountain specific mod? Didn't owners of previous years of doos have to install a S36 kit to make them worthwhile in the handling department for sidehilling and carving? Kinda a step backwards for mountain specific mods. With Burandt teamed up
With Polaris, every year the pro rmk will get more mountain specific.

I was seriously considering ordering a Pro for this coming season, but it was things such as the boards and stock height bars on the 2012 Pro RMK 163" I rented that pushed me away from it. I realize I'm a little bigger than what some call "average" (I'm 6' 1", 195lbs with a size 10.5 stupid wide foot), but stock for stock the XM did everything I wanted it to, whereas the Pro fell short IMHO. On the XM the factory bars were a great height, running boards actually stayed clear, there was a little bit to catch your toe on in the foot wells, etc. Yes, a lot of creature comforts you could say, but all relevant to me. I had issues getting the Pro's boards to not gum up, I found the steering awkward and short, repetitively lost my footing due to not having anything to catch a toe on (All I wanted was something up to 1" out from the back of the foot well), etc.

From what I've seen, generally it seems that smaller riders find the Pro's as a better sled, but then larger guys prefer the others. I'm not saying this is always the case, but it certainly seems to be the trend I see. And before anyone jumps on me, yes, I own a Ski Doo (I've never owned a REV or XP, or had more than an hour ride time on either), however that was not what drove me to choosing the XM as my next sled. This is just my opinion as a new mountain rider.

I can say the T-Motion seems to work really well on the hard stuff. The prototypes were stupid easy to lay over, even with my minimal mountain riding experience.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2008 xp was launched as the best terrain slaying Mountain sled ever. So brp said. As it turned out it was the belt spitter 2008. With 60 plus up dates to 2009 to make it more reliable. IMO brp owes it's fans the xm and I hope it works for those who buy it. Like myself. I know it will be very refined from years of testing on brp riders $$ So I bought one. I have been riding cats and recently yami since 1975. After having a turbo since 2006 and riding with all turbos I chose the xm as a snowcheck and really hope the 16" x 174 (going on same day Its in my garage)will take me through the deepest revy snow days.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2008 xp was launched as the best terrain slaying Mountain sled ever. So brp said. As it turned out it was the belt spitter 2008. With 60 plus up dates to 2009 to make it more reliable. IMO brp owes it's fans the xm and I hope it works for those who buy it. Like myself. I know it will be very refined from years of testing on brp riders $$ So I bought one. I have been riding cats and recently yami since 1975. After having a turbo since 2006 and riding with all turbos I chose the xm as a snowcheck and really hope the 16" x 174 (going on same day Its in my garage)will take me through the deepest revy snow days.

Getting rid of the T-motion then? Withought the T-motion the xm isn't a whole lot different than previous yours is it? I guess it has that cool thing so
You can attach different bags and stuff onto the tunnel.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But isnt the new track supposed to give the majority of the benefits on these new sleds? I wonder how well they are going to work with tracks with the full length rods?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ice age will have 174 xm rails shortly.

There's gonna be Ice age rails before the season starts. I am going to keep the t motion skid for sure. But I know without a turbo I'm gonna need 174" Cause I'm a big guy and it will help me not miss my turbo so bad.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345684317.240618.jpg

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VERY interesting, the one thing that I have been saying about the doo for YEARS is how the steering post angle is garbage and what's the FIRST thing he fix's :) I will say it one more time, when doo fix's that problem they will have a sled that is something I would consider buying and after Rasmussen rides it modified for a year they will come from the factory FINALLY with a vertical steering post. All they have to do then is lose another 80lbs and I will consider jumping ship. OK I may never jump ship but at least at that point I can think about it. :)

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VERY interesting, the one thing that I have been saying about the doo for YEARS is how the steering post angle is garbage and what's the FIRST thing he fix's :) I will say it one more time, when doo fix's that problem they will have a sled that is something I would consider buying and after Rasmussen rides it modified for a year they will come from the factory FINALLY with a vertical steering post. All they have to do then is lose another 80lbs and I will consider jumping ship. OK I may never jump ship but at least at that point I can think about it. :)

X2!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit the poo boards are for size 6 boots, any bigger and all you doo all day is slipping off the boards. Watch out mountains the XM's are comingggggggg.

Top Bottom