Look What Maxwell made Rasmussen DOO!!

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Proof money buys loyalty to some degree but on the other hand a legend like Rasmussen pretty well names his price and gets it I'm sure so I'd say the XM must be a big step up from the XP, don't care what he rides I'll be watching for sure and any luck this year following in the clinic

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Proof money buys loyalty to some degree but on the other hand a legend like Rasmussen pretty well names his price and gets it I'm sure so I'd say the XM must be a big step up from the XP, don't care what he rides I'll be watching for sure and any luck this year following in the clinic

The xm is the only technical riding specific sled on the market. Why on earth wouldn't you want to be a part of developing that. Especially the turbo applications regardless of money. And besides how often do you turn down raises? Lol fawk. I would bet he's not getting paid anymore than cat but its going to give him more opportunity. If he can make a fat cat dance imagine the possibilities on a sled built for his specific style of riding? This is the future ladies.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well... You don't really know how big of a part money played in his decision. I do know from having seen him ride that Rasmussen could likely ride a hippo through the trees and make it look good. So maybe he switched for money or maybe he switched for the actual ride. We may never know. However, Rasmussen did tell us back in January 2011 when we were grilling him at his McBride clinic about the big changes for 2012 that he wasn't happy with the new sled thus far and felt they needed to change quite a bit. He also stated that Arctic Cat would not pay him for his time in helping develop the new edition and so he was substantially limited as to opinions and advice at that time. It seemed like he tried to come up with a few mods for steering etc on the new Cat, but maybe he was never truly satisfied?!? And really, you should ride the machine you love... Not the machine you are paid to love. After all, this is just for fun ;)

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... You don't really know how big of a part money played in his decision. I do know from having seen him ride that Rasmussen could likely ride a hippo through the trees and make it look good. So maybe he switched for money or maybe he switched for the actual ride. We may never know. However, Rasmussen did tell us back in January 2011 when we were grilling him at his McBride clinic about the big changes for 2012 that he wasn't happy with the new sled thus far and felt they needed to change quite a bit. He also stated that Arctic Cat would not pay him for his time in helping develop the new edition and so he was substantially limited as to opinions and advice at that time. It seemed like he tried to come up with a few mods for steering etc on the new Cat, but maybe he was never truly satisfied?!? And really, you should ride the machine you love... Not the machine you are paid to love. After all, this is just for fun ;)

Exactly. Endorsements to me mean absolutely nothing unless they are genuine. Did Jimmy blaze really like doing backflips on yammis?? Nope.....but throw enough cash at him and he will tell you he does. haha

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat better start taking input or paying these guys, they are really starting to fall back unfortunately.

Ditto. I don't blame Brett for jumping ship money or not, Doo is making a solid effort towards their mountain program and it shows. Cat seems to hire engineers that ride nothing more than lakes in Minnesota, or so it seems, if they ride at all. I like my 2010 M8 but my next sled will be an XM more than likely. Maybe a few years sitting just in front of Yamaha, AC will start to clue in on how to build a mountain sled and not a snocross sled with a long track.

I think a big reason Doo's summit lineup is where it is at the moment is due to them listening to riders. Guys like Carl Kuster, Dan Treadway, Dave Norona and now Brett Rasmussen all help by bringing their input to the table building a better sled. Now if they could just stuff a 4 cyl 600cc turbo'd 4 stroke in there I'd be tickled pink.

:twocents:

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with you, I enjoy riding my 2010 cat but when the time comes for a new machine my hard earned cash will go towards the manufacturer who can present the best product, support, and advancements. As for the brand loyalty argument we all know that's it nothing but a way to pass time on here, or something to bug our buddies with in the truck or at the bottom of the hill. Over all I thinks it great that the manufacturers all putting out great products and that there is riders professional or not that can prove the capabilities of these new machines.

Brap

Reaction score
Brett R.jpg

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Here is Brett's background as pulled from his website;

Born and raised in Idaho, Bret has played an active role in the snowmobile industry since his childhood. Bret holds numerous King of the Hill and World Championship snowmobile hillclimb titles, in addition to successfully running the 2009 Iron Dog. As a founding member of the Rocky Mountain Snowmobile Hill Climb Association and an Arctic Cat dealer for 25 years Bret is an active member of the snowmobile community. In addition to developing mountain sled programs for Arctic Cat after market, Bret owns and operates Snowmobile Research Services, a design consulting business, and is named as co-inventor on two track patents for mountain use. Bret has also served as the Western Race coordinator for Arctic Cat Hill Climb Team.

Looking at his bio, I would have to assume that there is a little more going on here than money.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! Look what happens when I leave for a couple days. Sorry I missed the big news Maxwell but kudo's for showing him the light.Lmao!! I've been telling everyone Maxwell is the Messiah but the haters didn't believe. Stay tuned as T Team turns Burandt. I mean if a sasquatch tells you to switch brands who's gonna argue. Right??:rolling:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! Look what happens when I leave for a couple days. Sorry I missed the big news Maxwell but kudo's for showing him the light.Lmao!! I've been telling everyone Maxwell is the Messiah but the haters didn't believe. Stay tuned as T Team turns Burandt. I mean if a sasquatch tells you to switch brands who's gonna argue. Right??:rolling:

i was wondering where you have been.

Top Bottom