Look What Maxwell made Rasmussen DOO!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa. Was in Banff with the wife. Did you guys know that Mike Weigle is a very important man in that Town? Hall of Fame material to boot....:loco:

barff..

heres rasmussens right hand man tony getting aquinted with the new xm.

sure doesnt look like spring snow i think this deal has been in the works for a while....

226340_343648369049670_1076610801_n.jpg

Ms. Swimmer

Reaction score
Bret owned an AC dealership for what about 25 years?, headed up their hillclimb/race teams for many years if anyone bled green it was him. I would guess there was a certain level of frustration on his part with the new sleds. He spent hours and hours working out fixes for the new sleds, did you guys ever read his blogs? Cat basically said F.....you when they came out with their new line this year didn't implement a single change he suggested. This from a guy who rides 160 plus days a year. I can definitely understand that frustration. We went through that ourselves with one of our vendors.

We will never know the true story as to what transpired between him and Cat but I suspect a high degree of frustration and some business sense factored into his decision.

Reactions: Max

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suspect there was a few factors involved, and likely a little more cash / respect thrown his way then what he was getting at Arctic Cat. The new XM is an amazing ride, but won't be in my stable this year - bought too many first year machines with durability issues in the past, from every manufacturer. Will Rasmussen leaving Cat be the end of them? Not likely. As much as everyone wants to be Brett Rassmussen or Chris Burandt - it's likely not going to happen. Fact is that either rider (among a few others) can ride circles around most riders with a skandic or bravo. But it is a good move for Brett, and a good deal for ski-doo, as there will be even better R&D going into the summit line... heck you may be able to order a Rassmussen edition Summit next season for $20K...

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny. The only sleds I ever hear of having crank problems are the ski-doos, not the cats. That's just the spare crank now comes included with the xm at a special canadian price of 18k. Us price 8k. Made in canada. Nice.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny. The only sleds I ever hear of having crank problems are the ski-doos, not the cats. That's just the spare crank now comes included with the xm at a special canadian price of 18k. Us price 8k. Made in canada. Nice.

Oh boy here we go again.........:rolleyes:

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love how the cat guys love to bring up the motor issue. They seem to forget about there diamond drives and clutches.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry they released a sled 5 years ago that was 5 years ahead of its time and had a few issues. This is 2012 not 2008 those issues are a thing of the past

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love how the cat guys love to bring up the motor issue. They seem to forget about there diamond drives and clutches.
LOL exactly a DD that lasts 500km before the bearing blows up and clutches made in china, after ripping off team's design, especially for the PC's that eat belts like a fat girl eats cupcakes.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your logical fallacy is strawman

And Doo guys quickly try to change the subject. 800 laydown twin. Both pre-and post high output has been reliable. Yes or no?
Yeah sure reliable. Does it matter if the rest of the sled falls apart around it? I got 5 season of trouble free riding out of my doo. I will garuantee it will walk all over your cat. Pm me when the snow flies.

Top Bottom