long weekend trip

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Heading out to Valemount with a few buddies from Feb 14-17. I've been to the mountains riding once before, went to Quartz, Brewer and Forster for five days over Christmas holidays. That time I was with three guys that have been riding out there for years and got some good pointers from them but I'm definitely still a rookie to mountain riding. The other guys coming with me have zero mountain experience. Our plan was to go to Clemina and Allen and stick close to the cabins, try and stay in some meadow areas and just get a feel for riding in powder, do a bit of climbing but stick to simpler terrain where we can. Just wondering if anyone can offer any good tips for where we should be going or anything we should be watching out for. Was thinking about getting a guide for the Saturday to show us around to some good spots if anyone could suggest any good guides. I've got a XM 146 800 and the other guys have an HCR 153 and a regular M8000 153.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can contact the snowfarmers, Tony Parisi. I think you should be ok in Clemina and Allan without a guide. The snow should be fresh and you can just hook up with another group or just explore. Take a GPS and then you will always find your way around. It's pretty hard to get turned around in those areas. I think Allan would be your best bet for beginner riders. There is TONS of good open semi treed areas by the cabin.

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Ok great thanks for all the info. I'll give them a call about a guide. Sounds like we'll have to check out Allen for sure. Hoping the forecast for this week holds up, looks like they're in for a good drop of new snow. Can't wait to go riding again!

f650

Reaction score
I might be heading up there on Thursday to ride Friday and Saturday I can show you around been
Riding there for 20 years if snow is good will stay till Monday to ride

Last edited:

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Ok that would be great to have someone experienced to ride with. Gotta talk to the other guys but I'm sure they'd be happy to have some guidance. You heading out there with a group too?
I'm actually really surprised at how quickly people have offered to show us around out there lol

Top Bottom