Long Island Lake ?

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my friend Jeff, on the XCW KTM came over lastnight to install some handguards on my bike (to hopefully further prevent clutch lever breakage), he said there was a guy on a white YZF (nice!!!) Couldn't imagine having to ride in that crappy storm! Your so lucky living close, that is some wicked riding, i will definitely be back!!! :)

Mat - certainly let us know when you plan on going back up, the rest of the summer is filling up fast for us, a few biking trips planned, but I want to try to atleast make a day trip out there! I think the last two weeks of August are still open for us!!

Feel free to join us! - I think we may be headin to McLean Creek on the August 15th weekend, and Brule may be planned for either 2nd or 3rd weekend in September...

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my friend Jeff, on the XCW KTM came over lastnight to install some handguards on my bike (to hopefully further prevent clutch lever breakage), he said there was a guy on a white YZF (nice!!!) Couldn't imagine having to ride in that crappy storm! Your so lucky living close, that is some wicked riding, i will definitely be back!!! :)

Mat - certainly let us know when you plan on going back up, the rest of the summer is filling up fast for us, a few biking trips planned, but I want to try to atleast make a day trip out there! I think the last two weeks of August are still open for us!!

Feel free to join us! - I think we may be headin to McLean Creek on the August 15th weekend, and Brule may be planned for either 2nd or 3rd weekend in September...

what kind of riding is at mclean creak? and if you havent checked out Vega the have great riding and great camping.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only been to McLean once in April and it was ssssssssuuuppperr muddy, the kind of mud you couldn't avoid and got stuck in all the time - however it is one of many favourite riding area's in Alberta and August should be perfect riding conditions - there are thousands of trails, its an 80 or so km2 OHV use recreation park located in Kananaskis, camping available however my Mom lives about an hour a way so I just stay at her place :) I haven't ventured to Vega yet but my BF did and he said it was nothing to write home about, but to each their own I should check it out someday when I get the opportunity either way..

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only been to McLean once in April and it was ssssssssuuuppperr muddy, the kind of mud you couldn't avoid and got stuck in all the time - however it is one of many favourite riding area's in Alberta and August should be perfect riding conditions - there are thousands of trails, its an 80 or so km2 OHV use recreation park located in Kananaskis, camping available however my Mom lives about an hour a way so I just stay at her place :) I haven't ventured to Vega yet but my BF did and he said it was nothing to write home about, but to each their own I should check it out someday when I get the opportunity either way..

have you bin to brule before?

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, its awesome if you love sand, we go for the partyin too..since its my bf's and his buddy's bday in September a whole bunch of bikers go out and we just camp on crownd land way up in the bush :)

Top Bottom