Long Island Lake ?

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm interested in checking out Long Island Lake this weekend, just a bit curious about it, I have seen some pics & videos and looks fun :) Haven't decided if we should camp over or just do a day trip? Has anyone been out lately, what are the conditions like, are there lots of trails, etc? Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

mat

Reaction score
Long island lake is AWESOME... Were going there tonight for a week me and the family, we will be around 15 machines Saturday morning. It is a fair ride for only one day, The municipal campground is very nice and well care for. The lake is great for a quick swim after riding to get all that mud off (there is plenty of that up there) and you can't beat the prices...$4 a vehicle for a day pass $10 for a tent $15 for RV's (no services but dumping station on site) Oh ya! a forgot... You can ride right to your campsite (10 Km/h max) There is also plenty of places to stage off the campground if you think you you will be partying past 11:00 pm (Campground rules:Quiet time from 11:00 Pm to 7:00 AM Bikes from 9:00 Am to 10:00 Pm)

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey im going camping at long island lake tuesday till sunday... mabey ill see you all there? just a ??? is this the campsite your staying at?

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goin to Long Island Lake hopefully the weekend of July 18th (Friday, Saturday...maybe Sunday!) Anyone else goin???

Landrew

Reaction score
The official campground is full for this weekend. How close can you "crown land camp" to the official campground and how fast do those spots fill up?

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey mat, I think i'm gonna book a few spots today for next weekend, the lady called me back lastnight and said there are a few spots left. We might be solo as it seems are friends are backing out (as usual) what vehicles/bikes should we look out for to find you?It would be nice to ride with some tour guides! My bf and I will have a blue Mitsubishi SUV, a Suzuki 250 and obviously my YZ, what do you think the riding conditions will be like with all this rain? I'm hoping not too sloppy as I get frustrated with the mud sometimes.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy just informed me him and his gf are in aswell, so now you can look out for the blue mitsu, white mazda, a ktm, yz, kx and a suzuki! (so far) lol

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey mat, I think i'm gonna book a few spots today for next weekend, the lady called me back lastnight and said there are a few spots left. We might be solo as it seems are friends are backing out (as usual) what vehicles/bikes should we look out for to find you?It would be nice to ride with some tour guides! My bf and I will have a blue Mitsubishi SUV, a Suzuki 250 and obviously my YZ, what do you think the riding conditions will be like with all this rain? I'm hoping not too sloppy as I get frustrated with the mud sometimes.

well all the moss is fine when it rains, simpily just clutch it and pin it :eek: just dont go in the moss that looks realy wet, it takes a long time to get out!

when i was there it rained alot me and my bud were ok on our 125's. there was only 1 fall (me) :rolleyes:

also be sure to bring a plug rench and a plug for each 2 smoke. my buddy fouled a plug idaling out..

there is a presure washer that you can use behind consestion for $5

if you ever get lost on the trail just keep going, all trails lead to a road.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K so we are booked! We are in the group campsite, leaving Friday the 17th in the afternoon sometime and staying the night Friday and Sat... where abouts are the rest of you guys??

SRJ

Reaction score
Long island lake is AWESOME... Were going there tonight for a week me and the family, we will be around 15 machines Saturday morning. It is a fair ride for only one day, The municipal campground is very nice and well care for. The lake is great for a quick swim after riding to get all that mud off (there is plenty of that up there) and you can't beat the prices...$4 a vehicle for a day pass $10 for a tent $15 for RV's (no services but dumping station on site) Oh ya! a forgot... You can ride right to your campsite (10 Km/h max) There is also plenty of places to stage off the campground if you think you you will be partying past 11:00 pm (Campground rules:Quiet time from 11:00 Pm to 7:00 AM Bikes from 9:00 Am to 10:00 Pm)

I am planning a trip sunday. Is the municipal camp ground in town? Would you have phnoe number?

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the beach there mat? I see from the pic it looks pretty decent. Wouldn't mind gettin in some beach time this weekend too...suppose to be hot, hot, hot!!:cool:

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the beach there mat? I see from the pic it looks pretty decent. Wouldn't mind gettin in some beach time this weekend too...suppose to be hot, hot, hot!!:cool:

i had my boat in there. it was nice and sandy. in the winter they put sand on the ice so there are no weeds

mat

Reaction score
The beach is great & very clean. The water is not to cold. There is volleyball net (I have a ball) may we could get a couple game of beach volleyball...If you still have any energy left...:d

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me! I suck at volleyball, but I might give it ago..I'm sure the rest will be up for it too! So there will be 4 of us (2 couples) rollin in Friday early evening, and then we have 2 other guys comin up Saturday night to ride for a bit then and Sunday. Keep an eye out for us Friday...I'm sure as soon as we get unloaded we will want to go for a quick evening rip! See you Fri! Ciao

Top Bottom