Locking sleds to sleddeck

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a mission enclosed trailer but its hard getting 5 people lined up to go for a trip to bc, i was paranoid enough with the trailer in vale with all the thefts while i was there. I just bought a sked deck in a attemp to get out west more how are you guys locking the sleds to the deck to keep them safe at night?

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay at places that have a shop. There is one 10 min before valemont that I'm staying at this year. Heated shop and pretty decent rooms. Nothing like taking the sled inside after a day of riding to unthaw plus if you need to fix anything better todo it inside then out in a cold. The price is good also i will post a review on the place once i get back from that trip next month.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superclamp pad lock, lock tailgate (ramp) and back into a wall or something. Park in a visible busy spot. If they want it they will take it.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They usually take the whole truck it seems and if I travel i am always paranoid that it will be gone in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a mission enclosed trailer but its hard getting 5 people lined up to go for a trip to bc, i was paranoid enough with the trailer in vale with all the thefts while i was there. I just bought a sked deck in a attemp to get out west more how are you guys locking the sleds to the deck to keep them safe at night?

One other guy on a deck and go!! You'll never regret making that change!!
Just back your truck up to the hotel, if they are going to take something it will be the whole truck anyway!

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always use cable and padlock,back up to hotel,disable your truck battery if worried about the whole truck missing.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always use cable and padlock,back up to hotel,disable your truck battery if worried about the whole truck missing.

I always thought it would be a good idea if the sled deck manufacturers made a solid bar that sat over over the seats, behind the handlebars and locked into stake pockets in the deck.
If they take anything, will be the whole truck + sleds anyways I guess

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
backing up to a building is useless too if they are willing to rip the sled over the roof and hood of a truck!! seen a theft in progress video of that once...vicious little c_nts!!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been lucky so far and have only lost a full gas can to these scum buckets. I've been thinking though, I drive a six speed and want to install a hydraulic E brake(search afco brake lock if interested) mostly because I never trust my normal ebrake on any sort of hill. I figured if a guy installed it with the actuator somewhat hidden but still fairly easy to access from the drivers seat that would probably really mess with their plan of stealing the truck. Then I remembered another thing I seen one time, called a pedal jack, it hooks between the floor and the clutch or brake pedal,making it impossible to press the pedal, it looks like an awesome idea cuz it would be nearly impossible to get it off unlike the club which is very easy to remove. Or a guy could put a "boot" on the truck and trailer, which might make them choose an easier target. Another funny one would be to hook an ignition coil to a pressure switch as soon as they sit in the seat ZAAP! Lol.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been lucky so far and have only lost a full gas can to these scum buckets. I've been thinking though, I drive a six speed and want to install a hydraulic E brake(search afco brake lock if interested) mostly because I never trust my normal ebrake on any sort of hill. I figured if a guy installed it with the actuator somewhat hidden but still fairly easy to access from the drivers seat that would probably really mess with their plan of stealing the truck. Then I remembered another thing I seen one time, called a pedal jack, it hooks between the floor and the clutch or brake pedal,making it impossible to press the pedal, it looks like an awesome idea cuz it would be nearly impossible to get it off unlike the club which is very easy to remove. Or a guy could put a "boot" on the truck and trailer, which might make them choose an easier target. Another funny one would be to hook an ignition coil to a pressure switch as soon as they sit in the seat ZAAP! Lol.

most thieves won't be able to drive a 6 speed standard anyways.... you'll be safe.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my sled tied into the back of my truck a lot of years ago, with system 7 chain, and a kryponite horseshoe lock through the idler wheel and track port. Thought I was in good shape, woke up in the morning and truck and all gone .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spot trace is good we have them on the sxs and sleds just for this reason. Plus we usually leave the sxs out at the camper so....... haven't had to use it yet but most criminals aren't smart enough to check off the hope for that so if you catch it soon enough you would have a good chance of recovering in.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just disconnecting the battery will only discourage the lazy thieves. You need a hidden battery disconnect or a way to shut off fuel supply depending what you drive. Keep in mind most thieves probably already have criminal records, they aren't afraid to get caught so will gladly take the time to reconnect cables. Most thieves probably carry bolt cutters so make sure you use some huge chain and lock.

Top Bottom