Locking sleds to sleddeck

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They usually take the whole truck it seems and if I travel i am always paranoid that it will be gone in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but you drive a Ford lol

Nothing will stop a thieve if they really want it. I have had to cut locks at work and a good set of cutters goes through the strongest locks. The only thing you can do is slow them down or deter them. Don't leave tunnel bags and jerry cans in the open, cover your sleds, lock them as best as you can. Thieves aren't going to care if they damage your stuff either.

And always be sure to post on here how you disable your vehicles. lol Not every member of this site is likely a standup person with good intentions. Its a great source to find out how different people try different things. Then some people turn around and show off their vehicles on the site.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sounds bad but the main thing is to make your stuff more of a hassle to take than the truck parked 4 spots over. They'll always go for the low hanging fruit.
A few locks and a truck alarm and they'll go looking for a ford 6L and leave your stuff alone

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always fill a old gas can, 1-2 L of gas and 18L of water, or what ever? nice donation, look for dead vehicle at side of road! lol. lock everything.
Well then what happens when you forgot about doing this and add it to your truck

Now your walking lol

sent while drinking tea's

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Another good option for any diesel... install a positive air shut off. Hook up the switch under the dash out of view. You can install the self resetting model with a secondary switch for the solenoid. That truck will never start

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine had installed a train horn on his truck for fun but then someone tried to break into is so he wired it to the security system. It was a huge surprise the next time they tried it lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom