Like to know proven upgrades 08 154X

SledFever

Reaction score
Besides various warranty updates for 08 154X, I would like to find out the proven upgrades & changes to spend money wisely. Thank you.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DJ clutch kit, lightweight muffler, and a 2.5" camo extreme. best bang for the buck IMO....

Newton Sports

Reaction score
Website
www.montanaturbo.com
BMP y Pipe seen +7 h.p. on every sled that have installed and dynoed this year,second the CRA clutch kit from Super torquer systems( the maker of Heel Clickers) have gotten tremendous track speed from this primary setup, third would have to be the Team Tied Secondary Clutch, Best up shift and backshift I have ever seen. Fourth a Good Quality Light weight can BMP,HPS,Dynoport. the cans for the xp seem to be about losing weight and not so much about h.p. gain, the stock pipe is very good until you start doing porting,or big bores then it needs to be addressed, if interested in big bores the 880 kit has showed the most h.p., if turbos are your thing the kit from Turbo Performance has been rocking for a couple years now.If you need any more suggestions please feel free to give me a call, Mike @Newton Sports 406-266-4800

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2009 clutch parts. upgraded to better parts. as well as a engine tech thurmostat kit. and clutch kit of any choice will work. 2.5 xtream is a great track to do as well.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2.5 track for sure was my best dollas spent on my sled. Couple that with a good clutch set up and you make a fool out of a 154'' stocker

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
+1 on the DJ clutch kit, works very well and consistent in all snow conditions. If you haven't done it the 08 needs updated spring cap (with bushing) in the primary clutch and the motor alignment needs to be confirmed.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BMP y Pipe seen +7 h.p. on every sled that have installed and dynoed this year,second the CRA clutch kit from Super torquer systems( the maker of Heel Clickers) have gotten tremendous track speed from this primary setup, third would have to be the Team Tied Secondary Clutch, Best up shift and backshift I have ever seen. Fourth a Good Quality Light weight can BMP,HPS,Dynoport. the cans for the xp seem to be about losing weight and not so much about h.p. gain, the stock pipe is very good until you start doing porting,or big bores then it needs to be addressed, if interested in big bores the 880 kit has showed the most h.p., if turbos are your thing the kit from Turbo Performance has been rocking for a couple years now.If you need any more suggestions please feel free to give me a call, Mike @Newton Sports 406-266-4800

HEY tried calling for sum info PMed you on CRA Thanks

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Care to share/backup the dyno results on the BMP y-pipe besides just sayin you saw +7 hp. Thats a large gain for a y-pipe alone. Is that on a stock motor?

Like many others have said, the 2.5 track is awesome, really works well.

An update to the clutching, either to '09 parts, or someone like DJ's works well. Can't comment on anyone elses, haven't used them.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Don't do what I did and spend $5000 for nothing....lol

I found the clutch kit, the quick clickers and a tower brace to be good mods. Leave the QRS on there and don't go with a Team and conversion shaft. Go with doodoctors floating QRS if you want to spend money. A track to replace the holey stocker is also a must. A couple of small vents from mountain magic are also good too..... I got the $500 set from specialty and thats just unecessary $$$$.

2thetopp

Reaction score
I went with Quick clickers, DJ clutch, tower brace, mountain fit vents (best price), Slp intake, WRP mountain assault hi rise seat, WRP running boards, IMO the stock running boards suck for snow elimination. Remove the sway bar, swap skis. Next 2.5" camo extreme and ride.

Top Bottom