Lighest Sled Helmet?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new lid this season. Had some discs in my neck fused a few yrs ago & would like to find something LIGHT!! What is going to be the best MX style to look at this year. Hoping for some good deals at sled show!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the MF Dominator, really happy with it. Had one warranty claim but it was handled well, they even let me change colours to match my new XM. I think it's 1240g which puts it right with the 509 carbon fibre helmet.

Edit: Should ad the MF was a lot less money than anything at a comparable weight. I think mine was a snowshow special for $225.

Last edited:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a Troy Lee Air which is around 1400-1500grams and find it very light to wear, some of which comes from the optics of being a nice compact helmet. The Suomy MRJUMP is a nice helmet as well and comes in just over 1000g.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mega neck problems from repeated Injuries. Had a brp carbon. 1050 grams. Still a bit heavy. I now wear a carbon fiber snow board helmet. It's 850 grams. Still super strong but not dot approved. If its cold you need a heavy balaclava for the trails cause there is so many big vents. Once up top a light balaclava is all you need. One good thing is its cold to wear but your head doesn't sweat and cause your goggles to fog up.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife wears a Motorfist carbon fiber helmet. She broke her neck many years ago, and requires a light helmet. I would recommend that you look at either a Snell approved helmet, or at the bare minimum - DOT. Head injuries are not to be taken lightly, nor do they heal well.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SUOMY Mr. Jump helmet is the lightest on the market. 1100 Grams

i have this helmet it is amazing.

(mine is just pure white, this was the only purchase link i could find but they offer tons of color choices)

PBNFLD

Reaction score
I wear the 509 carbon fiber and I love it. Hardly notice I'm wearing it. Pair that with a good pair of 509 sinister goggles and your set. The 509 helmet and goggles fit awesome together!! Totally seal up around my face, keeping the snow out on those deep days.

Reaction score
I have a couple arai's. They are real light and by far the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn.

Some guys I ride with have the 509 carbon and it's a nice piece as well.

I'm not about to put a bargain basement pail on my noodle and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be trying some on at the sled show. Hope there is show specials on something decent.

Top Bottom