Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2nd season, few more feet of snow than it's go time

agepyhe9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, skid is racers edge rear arm, ice age 174 rails, stock Polaris front arm and shock.

Sent from my iPad using

PolarisAssault91

Reaction score
2012 Assault, Threw a new wrap on er called it a new sled:rolleyes: second season turboed.

Attachments

• 2010 assault wrap.jpg
    2010 assault wrap.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,292
  • assault 2012 2.jpg
    assault 2012 2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,298
  • assault 2012.jpg
    assault 2012.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,294

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well does the stock suspension, track, etc work with a turbo'd sled? Still pulls fairly good or trenches quite bad?

Just running a low boost, pump gas set-up I'm guessing

Even with the 163 it could use a little more track, it pulls the skis right out of the snow easily and will seem to go for miles with them up in the air. I think I can stiffen the rear track shock to get less ski lift and help it float a little better, but I'm having way too much fun with the current setup right now to change it. Although I have yet to get into real deep snow, I've so far just been riding around home for now, hopefully will be able to get into the mountains over Christmas. I will wait to change the track/skid until I get into better snow to see how it works.

As for the turbo, I'm running the HO Boost-It kit with a GT2860 instead of the GTX2863 simply for reasons of cost (the GT is about $400 cheaper), and the fact that the compressor maps between the 2 are very similar, as the compressor inducer wheel diameter are almost the same size. I'm currently running 7-8lbs boost on 35% VP C-111, with no DET issues, but did have DET on 25%. With my current setup this kit will not be pump-gas compatible, I simply can't turn the boost down low enough, I would need a low boost actuator, and that defeats the purpose of an intercooled kit that is capable of higher boost.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I got out finally this last week with e-zmoke in revy and pulled a few hills together at sugar bowl, I was very impressed how his boost it pro ran, it had very quick spool and great track speed, big thumbs up for himself and neil

don't think there would be many if any n/a sleds that would stay with this one of any make.. good job

also gotta give poo credit on that belt drive, he has had no problems yet and on stock belt, doo is light years behind, and sounding like the motor is loving boost as well

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I got out finally this last week with e-zmoke in revy and pulled a few hills together at sugar bowl, I was very impressed how his boost it pro ran, it had very quick spool and great track speed, big thumbs up for himself and neil

don't think there would be many if any n/a sleds that would stay with this one of any make.. good job

also gotta give poo credit on that belt drive, he has had no problems yet and on stock belt, doo is light years behind, and sounding like the motor is loving boost as well
How does your sled compare?

Top Bottom