Alberta grid alerts

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I got a good idea. I just drove through Genesee. Maybe we should fire that mine up again lol
they still mine. you can still see the ol' giant shovels going to work. they just ship it all to the states to burn and buy the power back at an up charge. and if I'm not mistaken genes actually does still generate some of its power from coal.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they still mine. you can still see the ol' giant shovels going to work. they just ship it all to the states to burn and buy the power back at an up charge. and if I'm not mistaken genes actually does still generate some of its power from coal.
Not sure on that. I heard it’s natural gas run only now. Either way ch!t ton of energy sitting right there in our backyard.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm a coal furnace might be a good option if they want to turn off the gas. lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't somewhere have one of those a few years ago? Low pressure due to extreme cold!!!weird it was OK in the -45 we had a few months ago.

No it wasn’t, we were curtailed on natural gas usage during that cold snap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this power instability is to do with poor performance of wind power and its inefficiencies in transmission to main lines and carbon tax making natural gas facilities near impossible to turn a profit .

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this power instability is to do with poor performance of wind power and its inefficiencies in transmission to main lines and carbon tax making natural gas facilities near impossible to turn a profit .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I’ll take advice from a farmer about the power grid I actually am part of and have worked with daily for nearly 20 years

The carbon tax is stupid but has no relevance to what caused the shortage. Keephills #2 went down unexpectedly yesterday morning.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had to power shed at work yesterday, AESO called in and asked for us to put our EG on line and power shed Maskwa field. Part of the agreement we have with AESO.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had to power shed at work yesterday, AESO called in and asked for us to put our EG on line and power shed Maskwa field. Part of the agreement we have with AESO.
What percentage did you scale down?

Top Bottom