Lets hear your dealership experiences both good and bad.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avoid A&E Racing in Brooks all they want is you to become their next mobile cash machine. Service, customer service etc is something that Betty an Owner would NOT be able to UNDER STAND no mater the number of times ( years) of watching Seasame Street. Karma will be coming for U

Well you should get all the facts straight..... Betty is NOT an owner, and if A&E is so bad, why were they voted #1 dealer in alberta in the snoriders magazie. I have had nothing but good and fair service from them

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah some dealer really need to carry more parts.

On that note the skidoo dealership in Golden has eneogh parts to build a whole Xp im sure.

West country liesure in buck lake has a ton of parts. Sled shed in Revy has quite a few parts too.

When i need parts I want them now,, you can get them,, just have to know where to go.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing good to say about ase in Sherwood park. And nothing but praise for T&T in Bonnyville. Well worth the 3.5 hr drive.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the Polaris dealer out here tell me the reason my 08 Dragon was giving me grief was because 'I jinxed it'!!I had made a smartass crack about being due for a dud because the last 3 machines were bulletproof when I was picking it up!Polaris was 3 months late on snowcheck delivery that year!Low and behold it was!!He was serious about me jinxing it!I was ready to pull him over his desk when he said it!!So I go and buy a new 09 m1000 and drop off the dragon because it had blew the engine!And in front of some customers he asks me what I'm doing with it.Selling I said so he says well do you want us to just patch the engine or fix it properly!I lose my sh.. and yell at him that there was still full warranty on it and it better be fixed properly!!He storms off and the other customers were in shock that a dealer would actually say that!!Anyways I ran cat since and the place has new owners and they are just starting to get people coming back again!!

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I dropped the sled off at cycle works today so we will see? I hope the experience is better than the last, I have dealt with them before with Kim parts only so I hope the service dept. is good? I will let you all know soon.... Hopefully!... Lol

Just curious as to why you are not going back to the dealership your 2012 was purchased from? This time of year I am sure is a busy time of year for any brand of dealership trying to get units out the door.

I hate to say it, but I think we all know that a dealer will give first priority to new sold units and their existing customer base. I think this applies to pretty much any type of business.

What type of issues are you having with the sled?

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had problems with ASE in the Park so switched it up and bought 2 sleds at Elk Island Sales instead. Nothing but praise for Mark. Thanks for making the purchase easy and going the extra mile to cover every detail.

Last edited:

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I understand dealers taking care of those that purchased there sleds there, but I still feel they should be straight up with there booking times and let people know what there Waite time will be, when I booked the sled in with cycle works they looked at the sled when they said they were going to and I appreciated it. As to why I never took the sled back to the dealer it was purchased from its a distance thing, I now live about 14 hours away from them now.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD[/QUOTE]

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to why you are not going back to the dealership your 2012 was purchased from? This time of year I am sure is a busy time of year for any brand of dealership trying to get units out the door.

I hate to say it, but I think we all know that a dealer will give first priority to new sold units and their existing customer base. I think this applies to pretty much any type of business.

What type of issues are you having with the sled?

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

People move so they go to a new dealer for service on what they own. Not giving service because it wasn't purchased there is bullch!t. A smart buisness takes on all jobs. There is a future sale there.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I understand dealers taking care of those that purchased there sleds there, but I still feel they should be straight up with there booking times and let people know what there Waite time will be, when I booked the sled in with cycle works they looked at the sled when they said they were going to and I appreciated it. As to why I never took the sled back to the dealer it was purchased from its a distance thing, I now live about 14 hours away from them now.

Fair enough, just a question.

What was the issue?

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well snow checked a new pro from high river motorsports put a 2000 deposit on it only to get a phone call from polaris telling me they were foreclosed on but they would cover my deposit wanted to know who i would like the sled shipped to.... was hesitant at first going to okotoks cycleworks as i have dealt with the calgary store but didnt want to drive to cochrane.... so i figured i would give okotoks a shot as they are 15 min drive..... waited till middle of october to phone and ask status of sled salesman (dave) didnt know a thing about it ...im thinking oh fAwk here we go again so sent email to polaris rep had a call back from dave a couple of days later telling me sled was being shipped oct 30 and to call him when im back from holidays .... called when i got back they hadnt pdi'd sled yet but would be ready when i wanted... so went down last wed to pick new sled up dropped the 800 off to have the mid throttle bog looked at told me it would be about a week before they could look at it ....called two days later saying it was ready.... very good first impression from the crew down there ......

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People move so they go to a new dealer for service on what they own. Not giving service because it wasn't purchased there is bullch!t. A smart buisness takes on all jobs. There is a future sale there.

Well said. Not only relocation, but lots of people won't go back to a dealer after they've been given the screw job, so there is always the opporunity to pick up someone else's business. A lot of dealers don't understand that. They think that there is always another sucker going to walk to through the door.

If you're gonna give preferential treatment to the guy who bought his from you and not understand that good PR is worth its weight in gold, then you are a fool IMO. I understand customer loyalty but to screw someone around because they didn't buy their sled there is not good business. If you can't get to their sled, you can't get to it and just be honest with the customer before you tak the job on. While everyone has a different experience, you will never make every customer happy, and there are always 3 sides to every story, I've found that usually you get a general sense of a business from the majority of what is said. Word gets around about how you treat customers, and with the internet, it gets around a lot faster now.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
well snow checked a new pro from high river motorsports put a 2000 deposit on it only to get a phone call from polaris telling me they were foreclosed on but they would cover my deposit wanted to know who i would like the sled shipped to.... was hesitant at first going to okotoks cycleworks as i have dealt with the calgary store but didnt want to drive to cochrane.... so i figured i would give okotoks a shot as they are 15 min drive..... waited till middle of october to phone and ask status of sled salesman (dave) didnt know a thing about it ...im thinking oh fAwk here we go again so sent email to polaris rep had a call back from dave a couple of days later telling me sled was being shipped oct 30 and to call him when im back from holidays .... called when i got back they hadnt pdi'd sled yet but would be ready when i wanted... so went down last wed to pick new sled up dropped the 800 off to have the mid throttle bog looked at told me it would be about a week before they could look at it ....called two days later saying it was ready.... very good first impression from the crew down there ......

We have been taking our Yamaha stuff to JC for years when they were Seitzco Motorsports before they became Cycleworks Foothills. We book our sleds in in the morning he has a mechanic dedicated to them all day and we pick them up at night. We spend the day in Calgary shopping and drive back to Medicine Hat that night. Excellent service!! He makes sure he has all the parts there that day. Gavin in the service explains everything to me that they have done to my sled. Joe in parts is really good to deal with.

Now they deal in Polaris too which is good because we are working on the Indy Lite transformation so it has taken some work on the micro fiche to get the parts together but is sure nice to have a great dealership to work with!!!

Woohooo Cycleworks Foothills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the Polaris dealer out here tell me the reason my 08 Dragon was giving me grief was because 'I jinxed it'!!I had made a smartass crack about being due for a dud because the last 3 machines were bulletproof when I was picking it up!Polaris was 3 months late on snowcheck delivery that year!Low and behold it was!!He was serious about me jinxing it!I was ready to pull him over his desk when he said it!!So I go and buy a new 09 m1000 and drop off the dragon because it had blew the engine!And in front of some customers he asks me what I'm doing with it.Selling I said so he says well do you want us to just patch the engine or fix it properly!I lose my sh.. and yell at him that there was still full warranty on it and it better be fixed properly!!He storms off and the other customers were in shock that a dealer would actually say that!!Anyways I ran cat since and the place has new owners and they are just starting to get people coming back again!!

I know who you are talking about! Glad that they sold cause I couldn't stand the old owner! But haven't delt with the new ones yet.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both myself and my dad snowchecked new Pro RMK's through Backus this year and i have to say they have been the best dealership i have dealt with in quite a long time. Great service, very straightforward and honest guys.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know who you are talking about! Glad that they sold cause I couldn't stand the old owner! But haven't delt with the new ones yet.
I just picked up some odds and end parts but I heard they are supposed to be alright to deal with!I haven't bought any Polaris products since the sled and the mini rzr's for the kids!Polaris's warranty and customer service sucks!!!!!Probably would have felt more love getting azz raped in the Remand Center!!

insane customs

Reaction score
well i guess i better vent i use to use buck lake bob and loved it and when he lost the dealership i figure i would try the guys in drayton at FIRST CHOICE REC and i will never go back i bought a outlander 800 and 2012 etec in two months so 30k plus acc first i had a recall on the outlander so i was goin to bring it in only to be told don't bother we wont even look at it till next summer and i use it for work. then comes problem number 2 i had a cylinder keep shutting down on my etec so i figure its warnty ill bring it back so once again they tell me the only way to look at it quick is i pay double shop rate i get mad and say i just bought 30k worth of ch!t from you so they take it go ride it for one km and tell me to come get it and charge me 238$ labour so i was a bit mad as i was in there another guy was mad about a huge bill to and the owner just said get out of my store and dont come back
i will never go back to first choie recreation
oh and i fixed the problem myself turned out to be a bad conector with water in it

but half to give props to the good dealerships
Elk Island Polars
Riderz in edson
and Trackside in olds
they have helped on the hill over and over the phone all hours

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both myself and my dad snowchecked new Pro RMK's through Backus this year and i have to say they have been the best dealership i have dealt with in quite a long time. Great service, very straightforward and honest guys.

Say Hi to the Backus boys for me. I used to race with Everett.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet you raced with Kenny too.

Yes I sure did. He was a hard azz tech inspector as well. Lol. Actually Ken, myself and Everett all went to Eagle River together to the World Championships. Ask him about that trip. It was a nightmare. Lol.

Top Bottom