Legends of Revy

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are stories of guys who were first to climb the chutes at Revelstoke. There are lots of names spoken in hushed tones at the bars...who do you believe ?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They say Waldy was a mythical being that floated over the snow.............without even touching it. Then someone ran into him at the bar.;);):beer::beer:

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The name Rob Blair seems to come up around here.

Anybody got video from back in the day? No GoPro back then but there must be some classic videos of mullets attacking the chutes...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The oldtimers are legends in their own right and still are the talk of the town in certain circles. It is your chore to find those circles....:)

S&M was a good start as a lot of the world's problems are presented and discussed within these educational threads but I think you will be closer to the truth searching the archives of Boulder, Frisby, Turtle, Sale, Keystone for names like Kirkup, Bezanson, Veideman, Streeter, Feldinger, LaRoy, Shade, to name a few. Some are newer names some are in the archives but may not go back as far as your wishes.

Good luck and a good project for you.....:yo:

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oldtimers are legends in their own right and still are the talk of the town in certain circles.
Good luck and a good project for you.....:yo:

Not looking for a project - looking for the legends...gotta be a few here that still have memories after the concussions...

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The name Rob Blair seems to come up around here.

Anybody got video from back in the day? No GoPro back then but there must be some classic videos of mullets attacking the chutes...

Robbie is definitely one of the names that stand out for me.. He was one of the guys that showed me around the area.. For us guys coming from the bare ass parries with our pretty much stock junk it was amazing to see those big Crank shop engines in real cutting edge chassis of the day.. Any body remember the sled " Grandpa"??? it was one of the first doo's that i seen really modded out,, ..always remember rob in his open face helmet and that ch!t eating grin on his face..

not a whole lot of video of those days.. The camera's were the size of a small microwave

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Robbie is definitely one of the names that stand out for me.. He was one of the guys that showed me around the area.. For us guys coming from the bare ass parries with our pretty much stock junk it was amazing to see those big Crank shop engines in real cutting edge chassis of the day.. Any body remember the sled " Grandpa"??? it was one of the first doo's that i seen really modded out,, ..always remember rob in his open face helmet and that ch!t eating grin on his face..

not a whole lot of video of those days.. The camera's were the size of a small microwave

A true gearhead!

Top Bottom