Lefty throttle?

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Havent heard any complaints about them and i enjoy riding with them
Make sure you leave the safety pin in when ur not using it. Guy i go sleddin with was pullin his 1000 out of the trailer at renshaw and the lefty hit the side of the door and held it wide open.

Spector

Reaction score
Safety of them is my concern. Seen frozen cables cause ghost riders. A buddy of mine drove his machine into the back of his durango when he grabbed what he thought was going to be a fist full of brake:eek:

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love my left hand throttle now that im used to it! always put the safety pin in when loading. and check for sticking in the powder, when the sled is not running. good luck

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a lefty on my 02 edge. It worked pretty good for me.
I only had 2 incidents. The first one I thought I was going to hit the throttle and grabbed the brake. Flipped me straight over the bars :)
The 2nd one, my bar clamp was loose and when I jumped a small berm the bars slipped down and tightened the cable on the lefty to full throttle. I was lucky and had enough time to smack the kill switch.
I'd say if you use one, a tether would be a good investment.

My 900 sidehills pretty easy so I haven't needed it.

W

woodies

have one and love it!but even if i didn't i would always have tether and have it attached to my jacket!ever seen a ghost rider?not good!see you on the hills!

Crowfoot

Reaction score
Rode Black Tusk one year. got stuck in a small dip, guy behind me grabbed for his brake and hit the left throttle. Lucky I was standing up, pinned me to the sled steering bars, to make maters worse his ski handle looped my bar and pinned me for 15min untill the rest of the group was able to lift the sled up and un-hook. Blackened both legs, lucky no spit pelvis or broken legs. I wont let a guy with left throttle ride behind me again. Guy paid for the damage to my sled but lost 4 weeks riding.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one on my Apex but couldn't get it to work properly with the TORS without too much slack in the left hand throttle. The only time I really needed it was sidehilling on hardpack or tight trees.

I took it off and haven't missed it.

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
You don't need it for sidehilling at all, i have had a few close calls but i wear my tether and i can think of better places to spend money on a sled.

Top Bottom